NSV

Options
Collinsky
Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
The day before Mother's Day this year, I decided to treat myself to a new outfit. I thought that maybe I would feel more comfortable with clothes that fit me right - I was heavier than I had been the last time I got clothes, so my jeans were definitely uncomfortable. A lot of the time, I was wearing maternity clothes, because they just fit better. So I got a nice drapey sleeveless top and a pair of stretchy dark blue jeans that didn't squeeze under my belly in an unflattering way. It was really nice to have pants that fit!

A week later was when I reached the point of NO MORE and committed to fitness, and came back to MFP. That was a month ago, and today I threw on those jeans before I left the house. It wasn't too long before I realized I was having to hike them up continuously because they were practically falling off me at the Home Depot... I ended up rolling the waistband to try to keep them up, and I was still having to pull them up!!

I've never been so ecstatic to have nice jeans not fit. I am so close to moving down a size!

Replies

• chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those are the best surprise NSVs...:flowerforyou:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is such a good feeling. I am looking forward to that myself.
    I am slow but I haven't been able to figure out what NSV means. Can someone help me?
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think it stands for Non Scale Victory or something like that. I know what it is... but i dont know exactly what it was ment to stand for! lol
  • no_kidding
    no_kidding Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. this is awesome
    @MindyBlack : NSV = Non Scale Victory :)
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    hehe that happened to me yesterday. i was at the hospital with my hubby and went down stairs to the cafe... i had my phone and my wallet in my pockets. Well on the way back up i had 2 32oz drinks and a bag of food and my shorts almost fell off because i ad no hands to pull them up! lol My stupid undies did manage to slide all the way under my bum! That was the worst 3 min ever till i got back to the room!! lol
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I think it stands for Non Scale Victory or something like that. I know what it is... but i dont know exactly what it was ment to stand for! lol

Thanks, that makes sense.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Congrats.. this is awesome
    @MindyBlack : NSV = Non Scale Victory :)
    Thanks, now I can look forward to my own NSV and know what it means.:laugh:
  • MaryHester
    MaryHester Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha! I thought it meant "New Small Victory". It always fit the context.

Collinsky, I'm glad your pants are falling! Lol I'm saying it in a good way. It's a great feeling to know you're loosing inches. Awesome! =0)
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am one excited girl! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement... MFP rocks.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    congrats to you! woot!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!