LeighYan Posts: 13
edited 12:09AM in Health and Weight Loss
What do you guys think of nights out?
Im out for a hen night tomorrow :/
How can I count calories?

Replies

• meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    do you have a smart phone? The phone app is awesome and allows you to log everything in from anywhere and keep track. Otherwise I would look up how many calories are in the food/drinks you plan to have and set your limit before you go. Have a great time! :)
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Definitely make sure you get a good workout in beforehand. Even when sharing unhealthy food or trying to eat the healthier options in a restaurant, it can be hard to manage calories. And drinks really pile on the calories. If you get a good workout in earlier in the day, that will give you a little more wiggle room. Also drink a lot of water before and during the meal. Remember to enjoy yourself and not stress too much about every bite.
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    http://m.lolsnaps.com/index.html?id=5424

I find this helpful for trying to plan ahead :) you could even log it before you go to set your limit. good luck! most of all make sure you still have fun :)
  • Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    If you are going out to dinner most restaurants have their menus on line. In which case you can figure out exactly what you are going to eat before you go and how many calories it is going to be. Try not to eat the pre dinner bread that is provided or chips / salsa depending on the restaurant. Also if you are planning on having adult beverages be sure to drink a lot of water the day of. That seems to help me :) Good luck 
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    :laugh: HI , FIGURE OUT WHERE U GUYS WANT TO GO EAT AHEAD OF TIME, THEN U CAN LOOK UP THIER MENUE AND PLAN, AHEAD OF TIME..LOTS OF PLACES HAVE THERE NUTRITIONAL VALUES ON LINE. AND ADD MFP TO YOUR SMART PONE SO U CAN TRACK...GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN..ISSY
  • leanan21
    leanan21 Posts: 13
    Do you know where you'll be going? I always try to look up menus beforehand and do a mockup of what the night might look like based on the choices I have. Sometimes I know I'm going to be over my calorie goal no matter what, but at least I'll know by how much.
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Yes be sure to getback good workout in. Also try to drink water all throughout the day, and the day after. I can log in to mfp from my phone so after Ea drink I do I seriously log it in right then and there. And I try to ne really conscientious. This has worked for me.
  • LeighYan
    Thanks Guys.
    Well were ordering in so I'll just eat half and bin the rest.
    Then were going on a night out so hopefully, I'll try not too drink too much
    Im definately going to do lots of walking before hand :)
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    I've a method... Go out, enjoy yourself and back on it day after with a full week of healthy goodness. I did this since going to a 40th birthday party last week and I also had a loss this week but was expecting a gain.
  • LeighYan
    I've a method... Go out, enjoy yourself and back on it day after with a full week of healthy goodness. I did this since going to a 40th birthday party last week and I also had a loss this week but was expecting a gain.

Thanks this sounds like my kind of idea Ha
  • Soziberry
    We are human and have the right to party!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    I try and plan ahead, but I also have the app on my phone so i can log as I go... unless i drink too much then I think I forget to log some of my drinks, but I try ;-) I also try to an extra workout or a longer work out if I know I'm going out so that I have some extra calories to play with.
  • Soziberry
    Leighann, you under eat and not listed any fruit or veg in your diary. To pull back from a massive night out you need some balance.
This discussion has been closed.