Breakfast meals which is no egg/meat

Options
Rit1603
Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
Hi what is your typical breakfast that do not include eggs/meat and also the calorie amount in % you reserve for breakfast?

I am from a different country where we are not used to eat egg in the morning and I need to eat as soon as I wake up and I can't force myself into eggs meat at 7 am (i dont eat meat anyway) i don't eat cheeses also, so no bagel with cream cheese. I know I am difficult sorry. I have gluten free rolled oats and half cup dry 45grams is 170 but if i add any sweetner like maple we go up then we arrive to 450/500 cal

Today I had milk and coffee 7oz 80cal
Coconut sugar 15 cal
3 whole wheat rusks 113 cal
40grams icelabdic yogurt 56 cal
Total 263 cal
I know its little and at 10 am I am already hungry . Now i got 40g banana but its like i havent really had it. These small portions drive me crazy id rather not eat at all! (Joke). What else can I add? Fruit does not fill me up. Maybe the rolled oats?
This is my fourth week and I am always hungry!!!

consider also two snacks mid morning and afternoon I can't go up too much at breakfast.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder in my oatmeal, so I don't need to use sweetener and it adds protein to boost.

I'd still add fruit to your breakfast. They don't fill me up on their own, but with some fat and protein, it's much more willing. And if you use fat free yogurt, switch to 2% or full fat... or add some nuts. I think your main issue is not enough fat.

Typically I can make do with 250-350 calories for breakfast but it needs to have a good balance of protein, fat, and fiber.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, almost every day. I'm not sure from what you wrote if you're snacking all day because you're hungry, or for some other reason. If you want to stop being hungry for snacks all day, see if eating larger meals helps. Personally, I like snacks. I often have yogurt a few hours after my oatmeal.

Have you tried adding tried adding fruit to your oatmeal while it's cooking, so it's sweet without adding just "sweetener"? Try chopped apples and cinnamon. Or some unsweetened applesauce, or unsweetened frozen cherries. It adds calories, but not as many as something like maple syrup.
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Make sure to keep an eye on your carbs/fat/protein and not just calories. Protein powder helps and adding that along with coconut oil or even MCT oil to whichever type of breakfast 'cereal' you are making will help keep you full a bit longer.

A carb overload with low protein and fat will have you gnawing on the desk by 10am.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    niamibunni wrote: »
    Make sure to keep an eye on your carbs/fat/protein and not just calories. Protein powder helps and adding that along with coconut oil or even MCT oil to whichever type of breakfast 'cereal' you are making will help keep you full a bit longer.

A carb overload with low protein and fat will have you gnawing on the desk by 10am.

Cosigned.

Here's my no egg/meat breakfast which keeps me full for hours:

0rlo5muqd6mt.png
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fruit/spinach smoothies with beans added? Also, something very filling I sometimes eat in the morning is spinach, white beans, nutritional yeast, and a little salt, microwaved. It's very filling and high in many nutrients. If you have time, you can make a chickpea-flour omelette with sauteed vegetables. It kind of depends on what foods you like and what foods appeal to you early in the morning. What country are you from, and what would a traditional breakfast be there?
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever doesn't really have to be breakfast foods. I had dinner for breakfast.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If you'd rather not eat at all for breakfast, don't. Your own words.
  • Rit1603
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    niamibunni wrote: »

Cosigned.

Here's my no egg/meat breakfast which keeps me full for hours:

0rlo5muqd6mt.png

Is this a smoothie? That is a good idea, i can give up my cappuccino and whole wheat rusks and eat a 350 cal smoothie I will try this thank you !
  • Rit1603
    Options
    sprepej wrote: »
    Have you tried fruit/spinach smoothies with beans added? Also, something very filling I sometimes eat in the morning is spinach, white beans, nutritional yeast, and a little salt, microwaved. It's very filling and high in many nutrients. If you have time, you can make a chickpea-flour omelette with sauteed vegetables. It kind of depends on what foods you like and what foods appeal to you early in the morning. What country are you from, and what would a traditional breakfast be there?

Yes i think substitute for a smoothie is the best idea for me! Quick and fast!
  • Rit1603
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I use protein powder in my oatmeal, so I don't need to use sweetener and it adds protein to boost.

I'd still add fruit to your breakfast. They don't fill me up on their own, but with some fat and protein, it's much more willing. And if you use fat free yogurt, switch to 2% or full fat... or add some nuts. I think your main issue is not enough fat.

Typically I can make do with 250-350 calories for breakfast but it needs to have a good balance of protein, fat, and fiber.

You all gave me great ideas i will try alternate iatmeal with chunks apple + protein And alternate with smoothies .
    And YOU ARE RIGHT I CHECKED MY MACROS and fat and protein is always less than what I supposed to get is this the reason why I am o hungry? I can add up avocado or coconut oil to my cooking
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    my current favourite breakfast is oats, vanilla protein powder, mixed dried berries all mixed with a bit of milk and cooked up. love it!
  • Rit1603
    Options
    my current favourite breakfast is oats, vanilla protein powder, mixed dried berries all mixed with a bit of milk and cooked up. love it!

But how mich oats and calories should i consider if i am on a 1400 cal plan for a breakfast?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Rit1603 wrote: »

But how mich oats and calories should i consider if i am on a 1400 cal plan for a breakfast?

Whatever fills you up.

If I do oatmeal, I do 150 calories of oatmeal, 30 calories of almond milk, about 80 calories of protein powder, and about 40-60 calories of nuts or fruit. But I never ate less than 1650 calories to lose weight, so who knows. I'm also a 'hungry early in the day' person and often eat 3/4 of my calories by 3pm.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i have 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop of protein, 1/4 cup of berries and about 200ml of milk.
    oats works out at 196cals, the protein powder is 125, the berries 124 and the milk is 49cals
  • Rit1603
    Options
    i have 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop of protein, 1/4 cup of berries and about 200ml of milk.
    oats works out at 196cals, the protein powder is 125, the berries 124 and the milk is 49cals

Thank you! It makes sense, i will try tomorrow, sorry last question at which point you mix the protein powder when oatmeal it hot? I never did
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    sley1hz9ln28.png

Also Avocado on toast with some kind of fruit on this side, or Oatflour pancakes, etc.
  • unawind
    unawind Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chopped nuts, dried or whole sliced fruit and a little bit of sweetener. Or a savory oatmeal - like congee - with sesame and soy sauce. Toast with banana and nut butter.

Why not try soup or noodles for breakfast? Plenty of cultures do that. Don't let the American/British breakfast culture dominate you! :)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Thank you! It makes sense, i will try tomorrow, sorry last question at which point you mix the protein powder when oatmeal it hot? I never did

I cook my oat in almond milk and then add the protein powder when it is done cooking. Takes a bit of stirring. I also use a plain, unsweetened protein powder as I don't like sweet stuff in the morning.
  • Rit1603
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »

I cook my oat in almond milk and then add the protein powder when it is done cooking. Takes a bit of stirring. I also use a plain, unsweetened protein powder as I don't like sweet stuff in the morning.

Thanks again
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love avocado on whole grain toast for brekkie, or peanut butter. Smoothies are also good :)