Looking for support

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP. I've been trying to lose weight ever since I stopped playing professional football (in Canada). I now work a desk job and eat like crap. I'm currently sitting at 265 lbs. and I am looking to lose about 40 lbs. I do know how to do it, but I need motivation to get there. Basically, I need someone to yell at me and keep me in check. I'll keep my diary open. Cheers!

Replies

• PaulaZanotti
    PaulaZanotti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Post
    Pics of yourself
    In your prime
    On fridge, and a hodious one with you and the extra weight. It
    Motivates me!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I agree with keeping a picture of the old you around, the you that you want to be again. I have two in my bedroom by the mirror and it helps keep me accountable.
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place! Feel free to add me if you'd like, I log in daily. :-) Good luck, you can do this!
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Landoficeandsnow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Invites sent! :)
  • kingy112
    kingy112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great thread I've just started AGAIN too! After my second baby I've gained alot of weight need to loose about 25 kgs. I'm ready to start tracking and would love some friends too! K like seeing what they are eating to help! Can I add friends too? Tia
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Added! :)
  • troyguy88
    troyguy88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dude you must be an animal! That's badass! Don't lock your inner lion up like that. I always feel better once I'm at the gym, even when I have a 12 hour work day. Get some gym buddies to call you out when you're really not feelin it or post on here and ask people to motivate you whenever your not motivated before you're supposed to go. Just get there and make a habit of it! Remember that you're a badass and you're MEANT to be at the gym
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I bet you can lose 40 lbs in no time! A few weeks of moving more and cutting out some of the garbage and it will melt off. But I'm happy to cheer you on if you'd like- feel free to add me too!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Its never to late to change
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Options
    Thanks all! Requests sent.
  • jackiechenery62
    jackiechenery62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This app is great!! I have lost 28lbs now
  • Crackers137
    Crackers137 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also put a photo of yourself at your ideal weight on the refrigerator, or of someone whose body you would like to have-that motivates me. Good luck....we are all in this together. Dance and Shake it off!?