Chocolate

Options
Hola, just another silly query really, & hopefully despite the rambling nature of this post someone may be able to make some sense of it!

Where do you draw the line or distinguish between "little & often" versus "excessive"? I guess it's subjective so I'm just being curious as to what anyone else thinks, or does themselves?

Having cleaned up my diet & stopped being such a slob, looking back over my food & exercise diary, chocolate (specifically homemade cookies) tends to be the one recurrent "naughtiness". I only make one batch every 2-3 weeks, use max 2/3 the amount of chocolate the recipe suggests & give many away, but I dunno if this is "ok" (for lack of a better word) or if I should cut it out completely?

I don't eat any other sweets, crisps or puddings, it's literally just chocolate.

I'm losing between 2-4 lbs a week on average at the moment so it's not having a negative impact on my weight, & as I make said cookies myself I know there are no unnecessary added ingredients... Which brings us back to the little & often -V- excessive question.

Any input, advice or your own experiences, much appreciated!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Chocolate is a great idea. :)
    Losing an average of two pounds a week is the maximum recommended for most cases.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There are people who have some chocolate every day. They make sure their goals are still met.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you can control the eating of them under any duress OK. Maybe move to higher quality ingredients if possible such as darker chocolate with higher cocoa content, reduce sugar (try 2/3 to 1/2 or so) and introduce wholemeal flour say 50% or introduce oat bran or almond meal.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    we keep a candy jar next to our record player for ... "guests" ha. It has a combo of mini twix, snickers, kit kats, dresses, jolly ranchers, high chews ect. 5 mini kit kats are 220 calories. Its a satisfying amount that i sometimes need to make room for.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'd say as long as your goals are being met and you're achieving the results you want, there's no such thing as too much chocolate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in your calories, that you're not hungry, and you're hitting your macro and nutrient goals, eat as much as you want.
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    as long as you feel good and it's not negatively affecting your health, I would say it's fine. if you want a lower calorie substitute I like to buy walden farms zero calorie chocolate syrup and freeze it into squares for a little snack on special occasions
  • ejllewellyn85
    ejllewellyn85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies & gentlemen! I shall give your suggestions & comments some consideration :-)
  • seasonsdreams
    seasonsdreams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chocolate? Yes please!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate everyday. A small amount, that fits in to the daily calorie count, works for me.