Breakfast and low cal snacks!

Options
MeaganABritt
MeaganABritt Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I've eaten oatmeal with a banana every morning for two weeks so I kinda need some ideas to mix things up a bit lol I need some healthy snacks to eat also. The main snacks I have right now is just almonds and fruit.

Replies

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I've been adding in pepperoni slices or bacon with my morning stir fry/saute. I like the flavor it adds! New veggies in there too, like a few english peas and artichoke hearts from my garden.
  • ChuckCycles
    ChuckCycles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like special K bars, only 90 cals.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up with greek yogurt in the morning on english muffin, waffle, or just out of the yogurt package. I then grab a cup of milk to wash it down before my water regimens.
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are boring. Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey topped with blue berries or banana. Once a week I have scrambled eggs with red pepper spinach and kale. And when I am lazy all bran cereal with a 1% milk
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every day.
  • MeaganABritt
    MeaganABritt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I get really tired of eating the same things all day everyday
  • TheChesireCat
    TheChesireCat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon or bacon medallions with egg mushrooms and tomato. (Less than 200 cal unbelievably)
    Toasted sandwich thin with butter and Marmite

For snacks its got to be Popcorn.

• 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mix in a little some oatbran- higher in protein and just about everything else. Snacks- a really good apple, humus and celery maybe.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you tried overnight oats, you can switch up the fruit every couple of days and use nut butters. I usually add in frozen fruit like berries as they will be defrosted by the morning
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend vans lite whole grain toaster waffles! only 130 calories for 2 waffles and they go great with pb2
  • dmhigdon
    dmhigdon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes snacks topped with peanutbutter and banana slices. Or try smashing a small banana and mixing it with greek yogurt to use as a spread and then top with sliced green grapes.
  • MsBode
    MsBode Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg white veggie muffins. I usually do a whole bunch of spinach, onions, garlic, tomato or drained rotel, mushrooms and turkey bacon chopped. Fill muffin tins or casserole dish and pour egg whites over. Bake and freeze. They heat up well in the microwave. You can put them on a whole wheat English muffin or eat them with fruit. I do a large casserole dish for dinner with a salad or fruit and freeze the rest.I usually do those or special K for breakfast.
  • savannaleann17
    savannaleann17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies are amazing
  • twomeysl
    twomeysl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my low cal snacks are usually a cheese stick and a couple of pieces of light salami. It holds me till my next meal.