Billy's Wine, Chocolate and Mountain Dew diet.

Options
Thantanos
Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Starting a diet based upon Mark Haub's Twinkie diet. I use TDEE to see my calorie goals (1520) to lose 2 pounds per week. Then I tailor a diet full of my favorite things to eat (1450 calories). I still drink a ton of water (10 glasses), light walking (Almost none) light weights exercises (10 mins tops). Once a week I will have to make calorie adjustments based upon my current weight (273.8 today).

Do you think this will be a success a week, month and year from now?
We will see =).

Right now my breakfast: Grits, eggs, hasbrown, bacon.
Lunch: Chocolate, Wine, Mountain Dew.
Supper: Marie Calanders meal.

Replies

• sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You're only gonna eat chocolate & get your calories from md and wine?

I think by the end of the day you're gonna want real food lol..

But hey, stranger things have happened (the twinkie diet) lol
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd like to follow you and see this tho lol
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I understand the idea behind it, but I'd be starving if the only solid food I ate was chocolate. For me, it's not at all sustainable.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    You're only gonna eat chocolate & get your calories from md and wine?

I think by the end of the day you're gonna want real food lol..

But hey, stranger things have happened (the twinkie diet) lol

No I can show you my food diary. I eat grits, hashbrown, eggs, bacon for breakfast. Wine, chocolate, mountain dew for lunch. 1 Marie Calanders meal for supper. Basically I eat what I want to eat just making sure I stay in my calorie goal.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    I understand the idea behind it, but I'd be starving if the only solid food I ate was chocolate. For me, it's not at all sustainable.

Maybe I should edit my original post. It was just a flashy title for the diet.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a Matt Bellassai video.
  • rayc2014
    rayc2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Remember it's about HEALTH first. In fact eating these things everyday even if you lose weight is not going to set you up for good health. Don't get me wrong- you can have an ounce of dark chocolate and 5 oz glass of wine each day and be fine-- but you need fresh fruits and vegetable as well as WHOLE grains and unprocessed (nitrate free) protein and HEALTHY fats to survive.
    Here are some suggestions:

1. Integrate 2 vegetables in the morning (tomatoes and maybe some wilted spinach) take 1 whole small rustic potatoe and shred it then use 1 TBS coconut or grapseed oil to pan fry potatoe (alternative to has brown and even better tasting!) add tomato and spinach as side and salt/pepper and fresh herbs to taste--
    2. Instead of grits-- consider cooking polenta-- equally easy and can come partially prepared
    3. Consider dropping bacon all together (it's recently been listed as a carcinogenic on par with cigarettes-- it will and can CAUSE cancer especially if eaten everyday within an unbalanced diet)-- you could replace with nitrate free meat-- a little roast turkey or some eggs???

Lunch:
    Totally ok to have a glass of wine at lunch and an ounce of dark chocolate but get rid of Mountain Dew (in fact getting rid of Mountain Dew alone will help you effortlessly reach your weight loss goals). I'd also suggest not counting calories as much as integrating whole foods at lunch-- eat 1 crucifer out vegetable (easy to have almost any restaurant make you a cup of steamed broccoli) and have a large salad (ask to get side of oil and vinegar) and then get a good portion of protein and your set-- you will get to eat sooo much more food and feel soooo much more energized and lose weight!!!! If you make lunch a prime time meal (that is the time when the body's digestive capacity is strongest!)

Snack: why not have a snack at 4/5 before you make dinner (1-2 ounces of nuts-- in fact eating nuts helps ppl achieve rapid weight loss even without calorie restriction!! Wild but true: nutritionfacts.org http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-obesity-the-weight-of-evidence/ )

Dinner: please share what Marie calendars thing you like and I can provide an alternative-- if you hate cooking for yourself could you create a network of friends interested in losing weight with you that you could check out healthy restaurants with and or call over for a dinner making and meal sharing nightly habit)?

Warmest and good luck, friend:)
    In this world of numbers remember it's not your weight that people remember when you pass-- it's the Life; the excitement, the relationships and the passion with which you lived daringly -- that people remember.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Wine and Mt. Dew at the same time doesn't sound good. Or are you mixing them (eww)? LOL I like Marie Calendars but they do tend to be high calorie.

I say if what you're eating satisfies you, there's nothing wrong with it. You do seem to be missing stuff but if it's not sustainable, you'll know it quick enough.