NSV-my first "success story"

Options
jezirus
jezirus Posts: 33 Member
I can't wait to be able to post before and after, but I have a long way to go! I am still pretty proud of this though.... I have only been exercising for about three weeks. I was doing about half an hour on the elliptical the first week. It was really tough... I struggled to get through and my heart rate was skyrocketing really fast....

Well, last week I discovered ZUMBA and did five classes in five days, worked my butt off, and had so much fun! I did a couple classes this week too, along with walking.

Today, I did the elliptical again for the first time in over a week, and I did 40 minutes NO PROBLEM--it was such a breeze, AND my heart rate stayed in the optimal cardio zone after I got it up there, for the whole rest of the time! I felt so good that after I got off, I went and did a zumba class, and found out that I actually am even more energized for zumba after doing the elliptical first! WOW!

I can't believe I am actually looking forward to exercising now!

Thanks for letting my share my first NSV!

Replies

• lorilynette
    Options
    Way to go! Your hard work is paying off, and it's so important to do workouts that are fun and you like.
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic.
  • Holly_Traveling_West
    Options
    That's AWESOME!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    This is such a great feelinjg! Congrats babe, enjoy every minute of this journey :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I love Zumba too!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Great working out. Sounds like you are having fun getting into shape - that in and of itself is a huge accomplishment!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    Wow, that's great congratulations. You will find that the more you eat better and excercise more, the better you feel and the more you want. It's always about finding something you like to do....if you don't like running then you won't enjoy it, but when you like something you can't wait to do it again.....at least that's how I am.
  • MissVV
    MissVV Posts: 19
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!! Good for you, lovely to hear such positivity! Keep it up and good luck!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    That is terrific.
    Big congrats to you.
    May you continue to have many many NSVs on your journey.

:flowerforyou:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1st CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    2nd--isnt it a lot more fun to exercise when you dont think every minute that you may keel over and die???
    3rd--glad you found something you like--ZUMBA

Keep up the Good Work.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    well done, i love zumba, you can't beat that fun.
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome. When exercise is fun, it does not seem like exercise. I have not tried Zumba yet, but would like to. I think I am going to buy the game for Wii as I live in a small town and it is hard to find classes that work with my schedule. SO glad you have found something you enjoy!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! Seriously, you should be so proud of yourself :flowerforyou: !
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! It's truly all about finding what works for you!! Nice job!
  • LeLaCrYsTaL
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! I can never find something that doesn't KILL me!! LOL i feel drained just after 5 mins!! Keep up the great work girl!! :)
  • jezirus
    jezirus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lela, I started out from NOT exercising at all, and doing 30 minutes on an elliptical for a week or so every day, then I started doing zumba, and it gets easier and easier! I promise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!