Harder to lose weight

Options
help, im getting depressed coz im not seeing any results unlike before. Last year i lost 7kg worked out for 4months. I stopped doing workouts and was on a long vacation didnt realize i gained back all the weight i lost.

Im back to working out, its been 2months and my weight isnt going down at all. I notice a slight change my clothes got 1inch loser but its been the same for months even my weight (it even increases)

Ive been doing more weights (been on it for 1month already since a friend told me to do more weights than cardio. Now i noticed i am stronger but i find it a bit hard to breathe like somethjng heavy is on my chest esp if im working out.

Im gonna try to lessen my sugar n carbs, im struggling

Anyway, some of mu questions:

1. Does the body adjust and make it harder to lose weight after losing alot then gaining it again.
2. I hv a hard time uppin my protein, aside from protein shakes what else is best.
3. Im always bloated and belly feels heavy and hard (which also makes it hard for me to breathe)

Does age have anything to do with this too? Age +metabolism?

I appreciate your time to answer.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Exercise is great for health and fitness, but to lose weight you need a calorie deficit. Sugar/carbs are fine as long as you don't exceed your calorie goal. Do you log your food correctly? Do you hit your calorie goal daily/weekly?

The body does not "know" that you have lost weight before or anything like that. If you lose a lot of lean body mass (muscle), weight loss can be harder, but that doesn't seem to apply to you. Age is not a factor, at least not a large factor in lowering of metabolism, it's in the order of 100 calories per decade. You are 36??

For protein: Do you eat meat or fish? Seafood? If not, fill up with beans/lentils+rice/grains, dairy, eggs.

See your doctor about that belly. It could be something serious, I don't like you mentioning bloat and trouble breathing as well.
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    do you log your food correctly? Do you hit your calorie goal daily/weekly?
    ----i dont always hit my calorie goal i hv a calorie deficit though when i workout

You are 36??
    ---yes. I feel like the older i get the harder it becomes, i get tired easy esp if i dont do my regular work out for 1-3days (i exercise 1hr and as often as i could like 4days the most lately)

For protein: Do you eat meat or fish? Seafood? If not, fill up with beans/lentils+rice/grains, dairy, eggs.
    -im more into seafood, chicken. Less on meat. I dont eat grains and beans much. Eggs and dairy are part of my diet

See your doctor about that belly. It could be something serious, I don't like you mentioning bloat and trouble breathing as well.
    -yes im planning to since i thought it didnt feel right, esp the breathing. I have to constantly take deep breaths every now and then

Thank you
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would make it a priority to see your doctor. We had a scare in my family with mom recently and I'm grateful she went in when she did because they caught a blockage that could have resulted in a heart attack if she had waited any longer.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen, not in the gym. The gym is great for building muscle and burning some extra calories, but you can't depend on working out alone for weight loss. If you aren't already tracking your calories in the MFP app, start doing so. That's all you need to do.