New and active eating disorder recovery group

Options
Struggling to find an active recovery community? Friend me and share your story at "Feeding Beautiful", a new support group for those who have or are experiencing binge eating, bulimia, anorexia, or osfed.

Replies

• dreamingbluebird
    dreamingbluebird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    *bumping*
    And to let you know a little about me, I am currently recovering from bulimia. I am in this interesting phase of an undereating and overeating roller coaster, but have promised myself that I'm going to keep pressing forward. I would love for these things to be open and frequent conversations. How do I deal with weight fluctuation? What do I do when I relapse? What should I be getting from my treatment team? How disordered is my eating? How do I handle binge foods? Will I ever be comfortable around food?
    If you would be interested in a community like this, check out my new group "Feeding Beautiful".
  • thebaddplace
    thebaddplace Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I suffered too, for many years with bulimia and disordered eating. It was a hard struggle to find 'normal' again. I started with an E.D therapist and had to embrace the idea that in order to be healthy I had to stop allowing the labeling of food (categorized as bad or good) to have so much power. In the beginning of recovery,there was absolutely no way I could responsibly count calories or even weigh myself without getting sucked back into the disordered thought process. I had to basically retrain my mind how it saw food. Eating disorders are comparable to addiction and the recovery is still a 'one day at a time' philosophy. It does get better with time and dedication and realizing your self worth.
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Also in ED recovery. I have some days I have such a healthy mindset, never thought I"d get here. Then I have days where I can't believe how easy it is to just go right back to old behavior...
  • dreamingbluebird
    dreamingbluebird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    *bumping*