Friday Fish and chips time!.....sanz chips!...toughts?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Its Friday!!! Pachanga time! Anyway I have been craving fish and chips. I know that both of them together is a calorie bloated meal! SO.....I have decided to just get the fried fish!
Its the standard fried cod I think.........

I just want to know your toughts.............how bad do you think 4 pieces of fried fish is?

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on that stuff! And if I tried to go forever without it, it wouldn't end well... and if you would normally have that much fish plus the fries, you are already better off! Enjoy!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Very, very bad.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Any idea where you're getting it from? They might have the calorie intake up on a site if it's a restaurant
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    That is bad.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You would be better to have the broiled or baked fish and have the french fries.:bigsmile:
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Of course it isn't great, but having it every once in a blue moon is not the end of the world. I have definitely had fried fish more than once since I started here in January!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    You would be better to have the broiled or baked fish and have the french fries.:bigsmile:

No way I dont really care about the fries or fried chips etc......what im looking forward to is the fried fish!!! I put hot sauce on it so NO tartar sauce!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    see below
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is from my diary a couple Fridays ago. I was bold and asked if they had any nutrition info. This is a local bowling alley restaurant in Mpls. They sent me what they had. I guessed on the cole slaw cuz it was like what I've had from Kroger before. I was surprised it wasn't more. Hope this helps.

Dinner

Kraft - Tarter Sauce, 4 tablespoons
    140 10 8 0 0 400
    Kroger - Creamy Cole Slaw, 1/4 cup (100 gram)
    85 6 8 1 1 225
    Heinz - Catsup, 2 TBS
    40 0 10 0 0 0
    Entrees - Fish fillet, battered or breaded, and fried, 2 fillet
    422 22 31 27 1 968
    Generic - Homemade Fried French Fries (1small Potato), 1.5 small potato
    270 15 45 0 0 0
    Add Food
    Quick Tools

Calories Fat Carbs Protein Fiber Sodium•
    957 53 102 28 2 1,593
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why not have a smaller portion of fish and make your own baked "fries" Deep fried anything is not good, and 4 pcs sounds like a lot. I LOVE fish and chips too, and tonight am going to have the pan sear haddock from the grocery store and baked sweet potato fries, instead of the greasy deep fried stuff. Make sure you enjoy it tho if that is what you have!!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    '........as long as you enjoy you can be certain that - It's illegal, it's immoral or it makes you fat - (a line from a song in the 60's)

How true. Go ahead and enjoy. I find that if I have a craving it only becomes more a focus if I don't give in. So I have a little, and then get on - Life is meant for living, not depriving....:-}
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I say eat up....no fries, no tarter, water to drink = no worries
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    Its Friday!!! Pachanga time! Anyway I have been craving fish and chips. I know that both of them together is a calorie bloated meal! SO.....I have decided to just get the fried fish!
    Its the standard fried cod I think.........

I just want to know your toughts.............how bad do you think 4 pieces of fried fish is?

No fried...but you might be ok with the chips....Don't eat the fish... :) you'll be alright...
    WALK AWAY.... :)
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I personally believe have what you like on occasion! If your calories allow for it and you know you'll be working out, and it looks like you do, then have a couple of fried fish filets :) Better to have a serving than to go on a binge!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    '........as long as you enjoy you can be certain that - It's illegal, it's immoral or it makes you fat - (a line from a song in the 60's)

How true. Go ahead and enjoy. I find that if I have a craving it only becomes more a focus if I don't give in. So I have a little, and then get on - Life is meant for living, not depriving....:-}

HOW TRUE!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If its just because you are craving it, then go for it. You've already said you aren't going to eat the fries, so that is good. I bet those fries are worse for you than the fish anyway. So that is good.

It is when eating like that becomes habit that it is a problem, but I don't think that once in a while is really going to derail any of your progress.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would enjoy it!! If your not having the fries it shouldn't be that bad. Wait is their beer involved??
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    If it were me, I would enjoy it!! If your not having the fries it shouldn't be that bad. Wait is their beer involved??

ehhhhhhh ehhhhhh Yeah there might be some beer involved...........but not much.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    If its just because you are craving it, then go for it. You've already said you aren't going to eat the fries, so that is good. I bet those fries are worse for you than the fish anyway. So that is good.

It is when eating like that becomes habit that it is a problem, but I don't think that once in a while is really going to derail any of your progress.

I agree! I dont even like fries.....but I love that fish! yummm
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Have the fish, skip the fries and coleslaw. One beer!

And tomorrow you go for an extra 30 mins of exercise!

The only question is: Do you really want to do this now? What about the July long weekend?????