Quick, non-dairy protein fixes?

Options
pvju
pvju Posts: 115 Member
I've been relying on dairy for a lot of my protein when I can't cook - cottage cheese, whey protein, cheese, etc.

I'm not a big fan and it makes me break out - any ideas on things you don't have to cook? Anyone tried any of the non-dairy protein powders and found them to be palatable? I don't love protein powders either but getting desperate enough to use them for the next few months to wrap up this diet.

Replies

• SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nut butters are great! Some even come in pre-portioned on the go packs. I usually get Justin's almond butter (there are several different flavors) and pair it with a banana, an apple, or celery.

Regular nuts are also awesome. A handful of almonds has quite a bit of protein and it fills me up for a while.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hemp protein
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts -- easy on the go snack.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always raving about temphe haha but it really is such a yummy and EASY protein!
    I buy a pack at trader joes for $2, slice into strips and cook in pan or oven with steak sauce. It's great in salads and is very satisfying :smile:
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Jay Rabb's egg white protein powder (I have had the chocolate and vanilla) and Starkist Tuna snacks.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!