Exercising after an injury

Options
I'm looking for advice on exercising while recovering from herniated discs and bursitis in both hips. I had to give up spinning and Body Pump over four months ago.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    talk to your dr or physical therapist if you have one to make sure its ok to do and maybe they will have ideas on what you should do.if you are recovering they may say not to do anything and to rest. but ask them first
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My injury recovery go-to exercise has always been swimming.
    I tore a hamstring sprinting in a race, and that stifled my running, squatting, dead-lifting and lunge career for a season.
    I swam, then slowly worked back to strength training on machines at first, then light weights that got progressively heavier until I was recovered.

Of course, run anything you do by your doctor...blah...blah...blah...we have to say that you know... o:)
    Good Luck!
  • tracycorden
    tracycorden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a herniated disc awaiting treatment
    Fast gaining weight as walking is limited previously spun 4 times a week and also did body pump and weights
    Need some exercise to stop weight creeping of n without aggravating disc
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I have a herniated disc awaiting treatment
    Fast gaining weight as walking is limited previously spun 4 times a week and also did body pump and weights
    Need some exercise to stop weight creeping of n without aggravating disc

if walking is limited I dont know of any other exercises you can do. its not about how much exercise you do,losing weight comes down to calories in vs calories out. not about exercise
    input your info into MFP with how much you want to lose and eat up to those calories. log everything
  • haliirae5
    haliirae5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I was able to lose weight without working out! It's all about calories!
  • Jerzgrl929
    Jerzgrl929 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is good exercise with multiple past knee injuries?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Jerzgrl929 wrote: »
    What is good exercise with multiple past knee injuries?

its best to talk to a dr or physical therapist in that case