The free samples

Options
NewHealthyBug
NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
When I go to grocery store there is "the free samples!" I try to walk away but... :p So my question is How you count calories free samples? And 2nd is How really stop yourself walk to free samples table? :/
Thank You for your help!

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I only let myself try it if i am actually considering buying it. Found a new light cream cheese spread that way the other day. The $1 coupon didn't hurt either. :)
  • brrrimcold1984
    brrrimcold1984 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We scored two free packages of flavored salmon.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If it's fruit, I don't log it becuase it's usually one or two small pieces. If it's anything else, I log 40 calories for each sample. I try not to shop hungry, that's about the only way I can avoid them. :)
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Sam's Club is the worst for samples, lol. It depends on how many samples I have. I'll usually just add 50 calories for each sample. They're usually bite size/two bites max so I figure 50 calories should cover it. Some are fruit/veg which won't have the 50 calories, others are calorie dense which will likely have more. So I figure it balances.

A few weeks ago they had 12 sample stations set up. I logged a 600 calorie lunch! But I did walk out with some excellent black bean burgers and kale salad I never would have bought otherwise.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There are actually entries for costco samples in the database. I know it's not accurate but just to get something in there it works for me.
  • lindabalseca
    lindabalseca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    keep walking
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I remember a ww leader back in the day saying she had totaled all of the samples available at Costco in one visit and it was 22 points! Back then, my total daily points allowed were 26. That has made me much more choosy about samples!
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's been annoying me today, was at a wedding fair today and of course had to try cake samples, how else can I decide what I want? No idea how much was in those. Now the samples I brought back for my partner are sitting in the fridge calling to me.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    back when costco was price club and i was a child... it was my favorite time of the summer to go there. back then tbey had full size samples... i remember getting full corn dogs. man the good ol days.
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    If it's fruit, I don't log it becuase it's usually one or two small pieces. If it's anything else, I log 40 calories for each sample. I try not to shop hungry, that's about the only way I can avoid them. :)

Thanks I will try that.
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Sam's Club is the worst for samples, lol. It depends on how many samples I have. I'll usually just add 50 calories for each sample. They're usually bite size/two bites max so I figure 50 calories should cover it. Some are fruit/veg which won't have the 50 calories, others are calorie dense which will likely have more. So I figure it balances.

A few weeks ago they had 12 sample stations set up. I logged a 600 calorie lunch! But I did walk out with some excellent black bean burgers and kale salad I never would have bought otherwise.

I try stay maybe 3 to 6 samples? Is that good idea?
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I only let myself try it if i am actually considering buying it. Found a new light cream cheese spread that way the other day. The $1 coupon didn't hurt either. :)

That good idea, I Will try that. Thanks
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    There are actually entries for costco samples in the database. I know it's not accurate but just to get something in there it works for me.

Thanks I will look into it.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    keep walking

I go to Costco so often that this is the only sane policy.