I'm scared to go under a knife!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,466 Member
    Options
    So much agreement with what others have said! But a couple of other things I'd encourage you to think about:
    • You're 25 now. Your concerns about your weight are mainly appearance-related. But you're at an age where, by developing healthier eating/activity habits now, you can avoid a boatload of health problems that are otherwise likely to plague you by the time you reach my age (I'm 60): High blood pressure, high cholesterol, recommendations to take drugs (with side effects) for those & other things, possible type 2 diabetes, gallstones, joint damage from excess weight, significantly increased cancer risk, significantly increased heart disease risk, and more.
    • A healthy way of eating, along with activities that make you strong & fit, will not only make you look great and feel amazing, but will be a living example to your students of how healthy adults behave.

At best, lipo will only change your appearance. Fixing your eating and activity habits will change your life, and maybe the lives of others around you.

Your call.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Oh, for Pete's sake. Don't get surgery because of a couple little snots. Come on, woman, get a hold of yourself!!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Has the OP been back to this thread?
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sorry your students are such losers, and are careless with your feelings. I hope you realize your happiness and self worth isn't dependent on others views.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    My grandmother in law had lipo then regained all the fat lost within weeks as she didn't change her lifestyle
    You I'd show those kids they are wrong by getting a new lifestyle tbh your barely overweight so I'm sure as said they're just being horrible as its bothering you it's working. On your profession you'll need to get used to it if it's not your weight it'll be your butt or nose or hair or relationship status.
    Ignore them that's the way it'll get to bullies more.
    Buck up, you are letting CHILDREN run over you. Who is the adult here?
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Several things:
    • Lipo is not the answer, as others have mentioned, it is a temporary fix at best, without behavior changes the weight will be back. Watch the diet and exercise.
    • If the kids are making disrespectful comments about your weight they are going to be doing the same with classmates. As an adult/teacher, it is your job to teach them respect/consideration for others, including proper discipline if they choose not to show respect.
    • Kids have been making fun of their teacher's appearance since the beginning of time, regardless of what the teacher looked like. Grow a thicker skin. If you can't, maybe teaching kids isn't the right field for you.
    Best of luck.
    AMEN

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    The OP hasn't been back, they're probably a troll. That said, MFP isn't the moral police, sometimes people need to learn from their mistakes the hard way.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Having thick skin is one of the first things you gain as a teacher... the second is a huge bladder! If students are saying comments about your weight, then you need to address that with them, that is disrespectful and I would never tolerate a student saying something like that to me!

I teach as well and have been doing stuff to make sure I get 10K steps before I leave school each day. I am on my feet all day and will make sure to walk around the room continuously when my students are working. Even when I am giving instruction, I will pace the room (it's great for them to work on tracking the speaker as well!)

I plan all my meals ahead of time and prelog them each morning so I know exactly what I can and cannot eat throughout the day.

Between being at school from 7-4:30, having children and working on my National Board certification, I have little free time, but my husband and I take about 45 minutes each night to work out.