Shooting for 50 lbs in 5 months

Options
hi there. Can it be done...50 lbs in 5 months? I'm going to do my best. Want to join me on this journey? A low carb diet with walking and weights, and eventually running once I drop some lbs( my knees just won't take the pounding right now). Would love to connect anyone on a similar journey.... Let me know!

Replies

• Cindys2016
    Cindys2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could lose that too and f get down ten pounds a month its doable my knees wont take pounding either need replacement so have to loose so can get the operation i walk with walker niw save the entire body from the limp i currently have my phone tracter says i can get yp to 2.5 mph my high fir one day is 8,000 steps so goal try beat that my abe steps is 3400 each day.. We can do this
  • lincolngurl11
    lincolngurl11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on a similar journey
  • lincolngurl11
    lincolngurl11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow where did the rest of my comment go? Lol. Well.....even though it seems to have disappeared, I said that I have decided to go low car with physical activity so if you think we could be help to each other, add me as a friend
  • melhasz8
    melhasz8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! I lost over 100 lbs in just about 9 months. Just lowering carbs and sugar and working out everyday and eating about 1200-1300 calories a day.
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I could go for that. I'd be happy with 40 in 4 months because we usually go on vacation to the Lake or Beach around that time. I am just getting started again and need some accountability buddies. Add me as a friend if you'd like a cheerleader!

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    cleenjones wrote: »
    hi there. Can it be done...50 lbs in 5 months? I'm going to do my best. Want to join me on this journey? A low carb diet with walking and weights, and eventually running once I drop some lbs( my knees just won't take the pounding right now). Would love to connect anyone on a similar journey.... Let me know!

50 pounds in 5 months is a rather ambitious loss rate, around 2.3 pounds per week. A more realistic rate would be around 1 pound per week. Can it be done? Yes, but you may potentially be setting yourself up for disappointment. Rather than having a specific timetable, why not just determine to adopt a consistent exercise and eating regimen, stick with it and let the timetable work itself out?
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs/week for 5.5 months in a row. That is 110 lbs in 5.5 months from 330 to 220. It took a ton of discipline though. Ate about 1500 calories/day and worked out about 800-1000 calories/day. Targeted a 2500 calorie / day deficit.

Tracked everything. Had a hard time at the start figuring out what to eat to stay satisfied. Learned that it had to be high protein and low carb. Carbs are just too calorically expensive. 5 egg whites for breakfast with salsa and a little cheese. Double chicken chopped salad with a little south west sauce from Subway for lunch. Steak, chicken, pork or fish for dinner with a salad.

That was my life for 5.5 months.

It paid off though.

Now a few years later I need to do it again. Not as much to lose and not quite as fast. I have average 3.5 lbs a week since January 3. I will be at my goal on May 31st. Same formula for weight lose.

I am good at losing weight. Good at gaining weight. Not so good at maintaining weight.
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • ClaireHooker
    ClaireHooker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a goal - but not completely un-achievable in my opinion. I would agree low carb would be the best option as you don't feel hungry on that. Bear in mind lifting weights may cause you not to appear to lose as much on the scales. I'm sure you know that already though!