Weight training?

Options
Is it best to always train at the same time every day?

Replies

• RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    Is it best to always train at the same time every day?

No, and you might want to consider taking some days off to allow your body to recover.
    It's great that you're weight training. Good Luck!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters. I'm schedule-dependent, so I do, but getting in the workout is what counts. Good luck!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Now that you have a set of weights, pick a good beginner's program, like All Pro, SL 5x5 or NROLFW. Any of these will provide a structured workout, including how many days to train, when to rest, number of sets and reps, when to increase weights, etc. As a beginner use a structured program, don't make up your own. Happy lifting.

ET: Time of day doesn't matter, but depending on intensity you shouldn't workout the same muscle groups on consecutive days.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters for health.
    Personally, I do find sometimes that I fatigue faster when training in the morning vs afternoon. So if you meticulously track your progress then it may not hurt to keep certain factors like that in mind.
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ☺️
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    Now that you have a set of weights, pick a good beginner's program, like All Pro, SL 5x5 or NROLFW. Any of these will provide a structured workout, including how many days to train, when to rest, number of sets and reps, when to increase weights, etc. As a beginner use a structured program, don't make up your own. Happy lifting.

ET: Time of day doesn't matter, but depending on intensity you shouldn't workout the same muscle groups on consecutive days.

I'm doing a program through bodybuilding.com