craving a cheat day so bad

Options
Hi there, I have been cutting for some time now, I am 88 kg at the moment, I am getting leaner, I have been craving many foods lol, I was thinking of doing a cheat day tomorrow. I want to try a 10,000 calorie challenge, I am worried, how much fat should I expect to gain. Im cutting on a 2400 calorie diet height is 5ft 11 weight is 88 kg.

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1 lb for every 3500cal.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a 10,000 calories challenge is. When I'm feeling especially hungry or craving something, I'll just eat my maintenance calories. That way I don't gain or lose. Just plug your #'s in & eat your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ .

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ... Why?

What do you crave specifically? Just fit that in your day. I can't even fathom eating so much for the heck of it... a cheat day for me is 3000-4000 calories of something specific that I've been wanting for a while and I'm completely stuffed.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Instead of purposely gaining 2.5-3 pounds in one day when you're trying to lose weight why not add one food you've really been craving a few times a week. Even if you absolutely must eat at maintenance those days to make it fit, which you really wouldn't have to do anyway. You'll still be losing but just a bit slower.

I don't understand purposely sabotaging yourself. It just doesn't compute.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    How bout a cheat snack or meal instead of a whole day? You can also up your exercise calorie burn to make up for added caloric consumption.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I really doubt if you can eat 10,000 calories. I think you will be stuffed around 5000-6000 or less if the food is greasy.

I'll depart from others' opinion and say go for the binge. The importance is to enjoy it, don't see it as taboo and get it out of system. In the days after, you know you have had it and move on.

That's what I do on weekends. For instance yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed my day at the Souplantation. Ate as much as I could, disregarded calories whatsoever.

I felt really charged up the rest of the day, and I ran two miles. This morning the scale showed exactly the same number as the day before. Appetite wise, I don't feel like going to another buffet for a while. I feel I have a full control over my eating which is the key here.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ... Why?

What do you crave specifically? Just fit that in your day. I can't even fathom eating so much for the heck of it... a cheat day for me is 3000-4000 calories of something specific that I've been wanting for a while and I'm completely stuffed.

+1
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I don't know what a 10,000 calories challenge is. When I'm feeling especially hungry or craving something, I'll just eat my maintenance calories. That way I don't gain or lose. Just plug your #'s in & eat your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ .

Exactly this!
  • kittydale9
    kittydale9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought the one year premium for MFP to try it out. With that, I can get my own daily goals in my diary.

I have set Fridays to allow me 100-200 extra calories. I then set Saturday a little bit higher so I can go out to dinner and enjoy it.

I will still log everything I eat every day. I couldn't imaging trying to eat 10,000 calories in one day. I am not sure I would even want to.

Have a special meal and then get back to tracking.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been cutting for some time now, I am 88 kg at the moment, I am getting leaner, I have been craving many foods lol, I was thinking of doing a cheat day tomorrow. I want to try a 10,000 calorie challenge, I am worried, how much fat should I expect to gain. Im cutting on a 2400 calorie diet height is 5ft 11 weight is 88 kg.

I think you've been watching too many YouTube videos on food challenges
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

In the past I have done share of 10,000 calories but that is no longer physically possible with my current macro of 5%carbs, 20%protein and 80% fats. Have a great pig out just do not try doing it with fats because you can not.
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Does it have a free t-shirt at the end? Is it like a restaurant free meal thing?
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ... Why?

+1

+2