OLD photos as profIle photos ....

Options
12346»

Replies

• kathrynseddon1993
    kathrynseddon1993 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I couldn't give less of a *kitten*. But then I'm not here to flirt or get approval so theres that...
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to cheat anyone with my lack of a photo because I'm not after any friends to connect with on here. And I'd only be interested in anyone else's photo if I wanted to stalk them. Otherwise as far as I'm concerned we're all just internet accounts here with a human voice behind them, that's all anyone else is entitled to. You want up to date photos, try a dating site or social media.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was more about fitness than prettiness, so I hide my homely face in my profile pic.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Also, some people need to maintain privacy in photos that appear publicly because of their professions or for personal reasons.

You wouldn't want anyone to know that you exercise and log your calories....?
  • wuwu90
    wuwu90 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Woof
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Also, some people need to maintain privacy in photos that appear publicly because of their professions or for personal reasons.

You wouldn't want anyone to know that you exercise and log your calories....?

Not some people :)
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever spent 2 seconds thinking about what people use as their picture on here. But it would be incredibly creepy if someone used someone ELSE's picture. That's weird. If it's just old or outdated, who cares? I feel like the pictures are a pretty irrelevant part of this site to me.

There was a guy using a photo of a fitness trainer as himself. The photo was of Marc Fitt. I have numerous examples but this is just one of them.

To me, it's relevant because that's all we have is a photo. I just want to know who I'm talking to. Haha
    @1CountryGirl05 I completely understand. I've met a few awesome local mfp people and their photos were current. However there were 2 that were misleading af! One girl was roughly 20yrs older and another wasn't the person in any of her pics.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Passing off pictures of others as yourself is lame.

But using outdated pictures isn't.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't care about someone's profile pic. On this site it's one of the least informative parts of someone's profile. I'm much more interested in what they have to say. This isn't Tinder. I don't care what people look like.

If I want to stalk someone on the forums for fitness inspiration then I'll check out the success stories and find someone who has posted pics there.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My picture is a month old
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    My picture is a month old

I've lost 10 pounds since then
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    I just found out I can view the reports. Evidently me being cheerful and having a positive outlook on life is frowned upon in a thread created for people to b!tch about others. (separate thread)

Everyone in this thread is cool. No reports. lol :)

In a thread in Forum Feedback, a moderator said while regular members cannot educate other posters on the proper use of the Abuse flag, for misflagged posts we can Flag > Report > Other and let the mods know that a post was misflagged and they will clear the flags they agree are wrong.
  • IpakDaley
    IpakDaley Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    npfxf3x8punj.jpeg
    That is me on the left.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    IpakDaley wrote: »
    npfxf3x8punj.jpeg
    That is me on the left.

Come on. That is obviously an old picture. Nobody has used that font for at least a decade. I can't believe you're trying to deceive us like that!
  • IpakDaley
    IpakDaley Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You got me. My dog mauled those poor girls to death... She doesn't touch our chickens now. She gives them a pretty wide berth.