Fast Diet 5:2

Options
Hi, I'm Kate!

I Started the fasting diet 2 weeks ago, I fast (500 calories) every tuesday and thursday.. I am 64ish kilos (not very precise but will weigh myself tonight) and hoping to drop to 60kg. I exercise about 5 times a week- cycle/pump classes and run. I plan to take embarrassing selfies weekly to mark my progress.

Is anyone on this diet? I am looking for a PAL desperately!

Happy fitnessing!

Replies

• cathhj
    cathhj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate,
    I'm planning a similar eating plan starting tomorrow, 500cals 2 days a week. You seem to be in a better position than me already, I really need to up the exercise I do, from (practically) nothing to a bit more than that!
  • lmcfee520
    lmcfee520 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just read about the fasting 5 / 2 plan I am going to try this plan I think this is something that I can maintain long term.
  • Tempest07
    Tempest07 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting. Usually 16 or so hours I don't eat and then I eat everything within an 8 hour window.

So usually I last eat at about 6pm and go to sleep and my first meal the following day around 10am. Black coffee helps supress any cravings. Even water.

Effectively it forces you to eat less without really feeling like you are skimping on portions.

Good luck!

Brian
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I tried it but I found it difficult to follow with my lifestyle... however I also tried the 16 hour fasting and that worked better for me, as i'm always one who tends to skip breakfast! I'm not doing the fast diet now, more low carb but some fasting naturally gets thrown in overnight which i'm pretty happy with at the moment.
    Good luck!x
  • TheOriginalBeauty
    TheOriginalBeauty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5:2 feel free to add me :)
  • hokumclone
    hokumclone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate, I'm doing the 5:2 as well. I'm on week 2, third fast done, I'm doing Tuesdays and Thursdays too. I don't have a working scale at the moment! But I think I am 63kg and want to be 55kg (I am short). I'm trying to lose baby weight and currently the only exercise I do is walking. Thinking of taking up some HIIT. Just thinking about it though, ha ha. What are you keying in to myfitnesspal to get your non fasting days to correspond with what you should be having on those days?
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I started on 04/18 - so about a week and a half in. I am fasting on Mondays and Thursdays... looking for support! I'm excited about it. It hasn't been tooooooo hard for me - and I've lost some weight after being on a constant gain for several months due to medications. Feel free to add me!