The biggest thing I miss about being obese ...add yours....

13»

Replies

• MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    I don't miss a thing!!!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Dear God. I miss N O T H I N G about being obese. It all sucked.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2016
    To echo what most here are saying... absolutely nothing.

And I still eat what I what, still go out, drink... I just do it much more intelligently and designed in conjunction w/ my fitness goals. Does not inconvenience me one bit and I quite enjoy having control over every aspect of my health. Food does not rule my life anymore.

Do not miss my binge eating days at all.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2016
    Francl27 wrote: »
    amyk0202 wrote: »

I guess now I can be grateful for my loose skin, because I can point my elbow straight up & hook that thumb into the skin near my armpit & pull it a couple inches over so I can pull those hairs out with the epilator. I can do this around my knees as well. I know you're all jealous. ;)

I wonder about that actually... I have no loose skin next to my armpits and it's not particularly fat in the area either and I have no problem just pulling on the area on the side of my boob to make my armpit flatter and easy to shave. Can't everyone do that?

For the knees though, yeah it's a problem, but it's always been a problem for me as I never got that fat in my legs.

I just put my hand/arm, as far to the opposite side & behind my head, as possible; to create a mound on my armpit. As for knees, I don't bend them & I do the same, for my elbows (I shave my arms also).
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    - Being warm
    - Being comfortable sitting or laying
    - Having a giant butt
    - Not caring what I ate
    - Not fearing gaining weight
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Nothing tastes as good as being slimmer feels.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Nothing tastes as good as being slimmer feels.

I wish.
  • Bluejedi79
    Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm still pretty big at 390 pounds but....I don't miss much. What I miss the most is....I can't think of anything right now. The scale has completely stalled on me but I'm still moving forward. I keep getting people telling me I'm bulking up/getting more narrow and better defined, even though the scales been stuck at 385-390 for quite some time now.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mostly though, being able to enjoy eating out. Now I can't just go out for dinner if it's not planned because I won't have the calories for it, and I have to take into account calories when I order, and more often than not, it makes me frustrated because what I want probably has too many calories, and the healthier options are not appealing at all (or something I could just make at home, so why even bother going out?).

Yes, that. We ate out several meals over the weekend, and with ONE exception*, each was high calorie and so delicious -- I miss that sort of blank enjoyment of food. I obviously don't miss it a lot, or I wouldn't be here, but there was something simpler about a meal that just tasted good. Not "this tastes so good and I just ate two-thirds of my daily calories at breakfast."

I still generally enjoy food that tastes good, even when high calorie. But it's not quite the same.

(* That said, it was an AMAZING chicken chili, so I'm not complaining.)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I wasn't obese but getting close and I miss not being able to eat what I want when I want without worrying about it. But at this point I'd miss feeling healthier now if I went back to that.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    I'm still obese... but in a way, I almost miss being able to just enjoy food and not care about the calories. If I ate way over my daily limit - who cared? Because I probably did every single day, and had no idea just how much was going on. I could easily eat a bunch of pizza one day, Chinese buffet the next, and not have it in the back of my head that I've gotta cut back ____ calories over the next few days to maintain a deficit -_-

That being said... I like being more in control of things. I can eat without feeling guilty because I'M the one choosing when and what to eat - not my boredom, guilt, frustration, and other stuff I wasn't dealing with. Plus I love being able to see something like a 15-minute freeform run in my running app, think wtf I can't do that and then pleasantly surprise myself. Being able to beat my own expectations on something regarding fitness is way better than the horrified realization that I've eaten a whole pizza lol.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    lol, the armpits, the padding on my butt, and in my opinion, the saddest thing, is being able to not care, there was a certain amount of freedom. Don't get me wrong, i would trade (and have traded) all these minor inconveniences for health, joy and pride. Just wish i wouldn't have waited so long but am trying to live without regret so even this i am forgiving myself for.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    I was obese, just once & it was from water weight because a week later when I weighed myself, I was overweight again but didn't change my diet and/or exercise. I don't miss that moment on the scale, at all; I cried because I always said, that if I ever became obese; that would be the point of no return because since I am disabled, it makes it harder to lose/maintain my weight but not impossible. However I just knew that I didn't have what it took, to lose any more weight; than up to obesity. I have no idea, why I got on the scale; a week later but I'm so glad, that I did because while I've been within the same few pounds, that led to water weight putting me into obesity; I've never become obese again. Currently I am approximately 13 pounds from obesity.