30 lbs in college!

Options
Hello fitness world.
I am currently looking for a support team as I begin loosing weight...while attending college.

Cafateria food is simple and has poor quality, and let's face it, I'm broke. I try my best to make the healthiest decisions I can, and since my goal seems small, I think I can manage, but I'm afraid of loosing motivation along the way!

I've been doing Zumba 45 minutes everyday and hiking Saturday's for no less than 5 miles. It's difficult with homework, but it's either school...or health. And I can't do shool without health :(

I'm at the end of my first week!
I used to be very fit and active, but college as well as a divorce with my family and a huge family crisis helped me gain weight! I should be 140, which is what I was, and I am currently at 172.

Any college people on the same journey to loose the freshmen 15's or more? How are you guys doing it?!
What are simple recipies to spice up my salads! What keeps you motivated, even under stress and fatigue?

Replies

• rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also a university student. It can be hard! Add me if you'd like, I log everyday and my diary is open. Also I have a discussion feed started on here that has a lot of cool people that can be very supportive. If you can find it you can get support from them as well :).
  • evilteddybear96
    evilteddybear96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    zuriank wrote: »
    Hello fitness world.
    I am currently looking for a support team as I begin loosing weight...while attending college.

Cafateria food is simple and has poor quality, and let's face it, I'm broke. I try my best to make the healthiest decisions I can, and since my goal seems small, I think I can manage, but I'm afraid of loosing motivation along the way!

I've been doing Zumba 45 minutes everyday and hiking Saturday's for no less than 5 miles. It's difficult with homework, but it's either school...or health. And I can't do shool without health :(

I'm at the end of my first week!
    I used to be very fit and active, but college as well as a divorce with my family and a huge family crisis helped me gain weight! I should be 140, which is what I was, and I am currently at 172.

Any college people on the same journey to loose the freshmen 15's or more? How are you guys doing it?!
    What are simple recipies to spice up my salads! What keeps you motivated, even under stress and fatigue?

I'm in the exact same situation except I currently weigh 175. I go jogging every other day and also take Zumba classes! I just started this because I want to feel as healthy as I did before college. Feel free to add me!
  • lynn56127
    lynn56127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also a college student. I actually gained from moving out of the dorm and having a kitchen again. You can add me, I'm just starting but I'm going to log everyday. I'm also using reddit.com/r/loseit and reddit.com/r/progresspic for motivation
  • alexis_d_santos
    alexis_d_santos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm also a college student. I've gained 10 lbs. since I've been a college student and it absolutely sucks. I dont understand how I've gained so much weight I'm an athlete I play a college sport. I workout all the time and I eat healthy. I'm constantly getting discouraged because I haven't seen any progress from working out extra and eating less foods. In fact my cheeks have gotten chubbier it seems.
  • zuriank
    zuriank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel better now that my first week is done and I have pushed through, but I am finding that the scale didn't see a difference! I am going to push harder this week, eat better and exercise more efficiently! I hope you all are staying on track. It's easy to be discouraged, but seek out the completion of those goals.

If there's anyway I can encourage you all, let me know how so I can!
    Thanks for sharing your struggles.
    In encouraging to know that I am not alone in the college weight loss.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I also go to college and I'm married. Feel free to add me for support!
  • Bailey_97
    Bailey_97 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student! And while I was fat before I came to college, the dining hall certainly hasn't made it easy to lose weight. I log every day and would be more than willing to support if you want to add me!