Ever lost your appetite during a diet?

Options
I ate one thing at 3 am this morning amounting to 228 calories. It totally wasn't 1/3rd a pound of meat which is kinda important if i don't wanna have liver failure from what i understand but that should take a while from what i understand. This is happening much earlier than it has in the past where i go on a diet and lose my appetite and then a couple days go by eating nothing then i see a bag of cheetos and go why not i haven't eaten anything else for forever cant hurt and then it becomes a slope gradually that makes me fall off the wagon. Why am i losing my appetite so hardcore?What can i do about it?

Food diary http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/teluge

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can make sure you're eating enough calories, even when you don't feel hungry. It may feel a bit counterintuitive, but remind yourself that if you don't get enough calories, it will backfire in the long run.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That's the primary reason I use MFP, to make sure I'm eating enough.

I keep low(er) carb and after a few weeks I can easily be satisified on less than 1000 calories a day. So, I track and make myself eat at least to 25% below my TDEE.
  • DaddyHertz
    DaddyHertz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    But i feel full. is this normal? seems really freaking weird to me, like i just ate an entire thanksgiving meal. if i have to force myself to eat more i will try but yah, should i be worried? or perhaps its possible for an obese person to develop temporary anorexia? XD that would be a riot XD
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There can be a few reasons as to why you have a loss of appetite, these are what I can remember on the top of my head.

*Being in ketosis (it's more of a side effect that don't effect everyone)
    *Stress
    *Stimulants such as caffeine from coffee, energy drinks etc.
    *Medical condition
  • DaddyHertz
    Options
    Densans wrote: »
    There can be a few reasons as to why you have a loss of appetite, these are what I can remember on the top of my head.

*Stress
    *Medical condition

gotchya, ill schedule an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It could simply be a mental thing, could be chemical. Have you seen a doctor? I would try to eat healthier items in the mean time but don't *force* it if you really aren't hungry...
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    teluge wrote: »
    Densans wrote: »

*Stress
    *Medical condition

gotchya, ill schedule an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

Its quite common for many dieters to lose appetite, no need if you don't feel "bad", but you should eat more, never go below BMR.
  • DaddyHertz
    Options
    It could simply be a mental thing, could be chemical. Have you seen a doctor? I would try to eat healthier items in the mean time but don't *force* it if you really aren't hungry...

You're absolutely right it could be a mental thing, that's kinda why i decided to post the concern here, i thought my sinusitis and bronchitus was just a bad cold and let it go one for 3 months before going to my doctor and he slapped me for being so damn stupid XD Generally this happens when i switch up from unhealthy to healthy more greens more meats less sugars less carbs same sodium and you're right could be a chemical change, i hadn't thought about that, i have been having minor mood swings today. And i really was about to start forcing it lol turkeychicken patties with veggies and herbs rolled into the m are healthy right?
  • DaddyHertz
    Options
    as for the sinusitus/bronchitus it took me being in tears and not being able to sleep for me to go in XD