I've maintained for a year!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been in maintenance for 3 months (sort of). My doctor has told me not to lose anymore. My goal range 166 - 174 (+/- 4 of 170). Today I weighed in at 165.2, so I don't really have it down yet.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and excellent tips!! Thanks!! I have just started my maintenance journey. Well done to you
  • ronaldmac
    ronaldmac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I have been a MFP fan for years now and love it. Initially lost 40+ lbs and have been able to maintain for almost 5 years! I still log in daily and have no intention of stopping. Keeps me focused on healthy eating and living
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!
    I'm hitting the 5 year mark Monday and still log regularly/almost daily.

Hey, me too! I'm having my 5 year maintenance anniversary this summer!
    A lot of people are saying that maintaining is the hardest part, but I disagree. Losing and maintaining use exactly the same concepts. Once you learn the basics of MFP, you just keep doing it. When you've mastered your healthy habits through the weight loss process, I think it's even easier to maintain because you get more calories. And if you're following your healthy new habits and paying attention to your body in maintenance, you can catch yourself slipping in the very early stages and easily get right back on track. You got this, OP!

Good luck everyone! <3
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    CONGRATS!!!!!
    I'm hitting the 5 year mark Monday and still log regularly/almost daily.

Hey, me too! I'm having my 5 year maintenance anniversary this summer!
    A lot of people are saying that maintaining is the hardest part, but I disagree. Losing and maintaining use exactly the same concepts. Once you learn the basics of MFP, you just keep doing it. When you've mastered your healthy habits through the weight loss process, I think it's even easier to maintain because you get more calories. And if you're following your healthy new habits and paying attention to your body in maintenance, you can catch yourself slipping in the very early stages and easily get right back on track. You got this, OP!

Good luck everyone! <3

Day 1 of maintenance after losing 75 lbs in 12 months and thanks, that's the best thing I've read all day.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the great tips!

Coming up on 2 years maintenance and still log everything, even when I'm way over daily calories. Keeps me aware and honest :)
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Ms. Teapot and all the rest of y'all! I don't yet qualify for the National Weight Control Registry - I'm 5 months into maintenance
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am 18 pounds until maintenance and this is the first time I have been reading "maintain weight," posts. I am going to get it right this time! I am so tired of playing the weight loss games. I will continue to post all foods even if I go over calories. I will continue my 3x week walks. I got this! Thank you for your inspiration!
  • tryingtostayslim321
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Liking your advice