10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse

Options
Has anyone tried this? your thoughts? I'm on day one and had to gag the first smoothie down. not looking forward to the rest of the day! :( or the next 10 days for that matter.

Replies

• smallgirl145
    smallgirl145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried I loss 13 lbs but gained like 6 lbs back after the 10 days
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Bobbr2 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this? your thoughts? I'm on day one and had to gag the first smoothie down. not looking forward to the rest of the day! :( or the next 10 days for that matter.

Then don't do it. I don't know why you'd want to, in the first place.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    No reason to cleanse. The body is very capable of removing waste on it's own without help. If not, drinking a concoction is not the answer, but seeing a gastroentrologist. The marketing around "green" smoothies is popular right now, but the reality is there is no peer reviewed clinical studies that support the "detoxing" effect. If you're doing it to increase your nutrient intake because you can't eat vegetables, that's the only advantage I can see, but it doesn't seem like you like it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I'll stick to beer and pizza. Why the heck would you want to spend 10 days forcing down something that makes you gag? SMH.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Are the green smoothies made up of green sugar free gummy bears? You'll cleanse your colon a lot better with the sugar-free "hell bears".

There's no need for you to cleanse (your liver and kidneys "detox" for you just fine). Those cleanses are nothing but very-low-calorie diets that cause you to lose a ton of water and fecal weight (and a little bit of fat from the VLCD part). Once you start eating normally, the weight will come back. If you want more sustainable weight loss, input your stats into MFP, choose an appropriate weight loss goal (don't choose "lose 2lbs a week" if you only have 10lbs to lose), and follow MFP's suggested calorie goal (and eating back a portion of any calories you burn from exercise).
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    What do you expect to "cleanse" it from? Just eat like a normal person, inside your calorie limit instead of gagging over green mash. Do you expect some magic to happen if you torture youtrself in a particularly unpleasant manner?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Just no.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    What choo cleansing?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Bobbr2 wrote: »

If you don't like it then don't do it.

There are other alternatives out there I'm sure. I used to do juicing with fresh veggies and fruits and would drink it in the mornings every other day and eat regularly the rest of the day (weighing and measuring my foods still). But living off just a smoothie or juice for 10 days doesn't sound right to me. Sounds more like torture rather than a real lifestyle change. If you can't stick with it long term or it's not a realistic way to lose weight - then I wouldn't do it.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Personally i prefer the Adipose Weight Loss pill. After all, "The fat just walks away..."
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    jonward85 wrote: »
    Personally i prefer the Adipose Weight Loss pill. After all, "The fat just walks away..."

tzkne4jcqkg8.jpg
  • petitxpapillon
    petitxpapillon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It seems silly to me, but some people find it easier to eat healthier after a "cleanse".
    You'd be better off just sticking to a consistent diet so that you don't crash.
  • NishaGettingFit
    NishaGettingFit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies and have been drinking one for breakfast for the past several months so I'm really considering the 10 day cleanse. But like I said I love green smoothies and I do have some digestive issues so it seems beneficial to me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm currently playing around with adding in some green smoothies and trying different combinations, and I enjoy them, but I wouldn't eat just smoothies--I'd go nuts and it wouldn't be a balanced diet. Also, they don't "cleanse" anything, of course, so I'd run from anything called a "cleanse."

That said, if you don't like the recipes in the cleanse and want to incorporate some green smoothies, there are lots of tasty looking recipes on the internet.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't spend ten days of my precious life being miserable. I've definitely juiced as part of my day (the were tasty, though!) but I couldn't/wouldn't do it all day for ten days. It doesn't have to be all or nothing :)