New user - trying to lose 50 lbs for my wedding next spring

Would love some encouragement here and there :). Recovering from a car accident. Not able to work out, just walk at this point. Getting married next April and I am 220 lbs at 5'9". I want to lose a pound a week for the next year :)

Replies

• evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Hey @suzen987 ! I'm sorry no one has replied here yet. Let me be the first to say welcome to MFP!

Walking is a great, no need to work out to lose weight (some people love it, some people hate it, both kinds of people can lose weight on here).

How are you finding MFP so far? What are your goals?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to have some support or need help with anything :)
  • TheRiceLord
    TheRiceLord Posts: 24 Member
    Hey @suzen987 . Good to hear that you want to lose weight. You can actually shoot to lose more than 1 pound a week until you reach roughly 20 percent body fat. But I also went the route of 1 pound a week since October. Things going great, but you must have a strong mindset! I'm now experimenting with 1.5 lbs a week and its going smooth so far. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Welcome to the community.