Lost 7 lbs in one week just started

Options
leahhnicole
leahhnicole Posts: 19 Member
Do you think this is water weight? I'm being very healthy and eating my calories as well as doing 45 mins of cardio a day.

It just seems like in one week I've melted/

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Replies

• jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It can be: yes! :) Keep doing what you are doing and don't get frustrated if your loss slows/stalls. Weight loss in not linear...so you may potentially have weeks with no loss at all...while others: you may feel like you are melting! ;)
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    More than likely water weight yes, unless you made drastic changes to your diet and exercise regiment. Just make sure you don't make it the expectation that you will continue to lose 7 pounds a week and get discouraged when you don't continue at that rate. It's a marathon, not a sprint. But keep up the good work!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    It is normal. Everyone loses a lot in the first week. It will not stay like this.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Most likely 4-6 lbs of the loss was from water, as you would have had to burn 3500 cals more than you have eaten per day to lose 7 lbs of fat in a week.

to achieve that much fat you would need the equivalent of burning 1500 cals from exercise each day, and not eating anything for the full week.
  • leahhnicole
    Options
    Alright thanks everyone!!!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Do you think this is water weight? I'm being very healthy and eating my calories as well as doing 45 mins of cardio a day.

It just seems like in one week I've melted/

Is this normal?

Thanks!

It's more than likely water weight but it's definitely a great start! How much do you have to lose all together? I've always heard that those who have more to lose tend to lose more when first starting out.
  • leahhnicole
    Options
    [/quote]

It's more than likely water weight but it's definitely a great start! How much do you have to lose all together? I've always heard that those who have more to lose tend to lose more when first starting out. [/quote]

I have about 70 lbs to lose! And yes. I figured it was water weight. I'm going from an office job (roughly 600 steps a day) to 6,000 steps and 45 mins of cardio. :p