Lunch under 500 calories or less

Options
camsim
camsim Posts: 3 Member
Hi anyone want to give me recipes for under 500 calories for my lunch or even 400 calories would be better thanks

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have a can of Progresso chicken rice soup for lunch today. The whole can is 200 calories. I left my crackers at home or my lunch would be 340 calories.
    I can also make a salad with my favorite veggies and chicken or tuna for less than 400. I'll probably do that tomorrow.
  • onefitproject
    onefitproject Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What/where do u like to eat? Chicken, beef, vegetarian, McDonald's, subway, Panda Express? Just about every lunch I eat is under 400 cals a day. Very easy to do, let me know what u like, add me and view my lunch profile :D
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My lunches at work are usually under 400 calories. I often get the salad bowls from the grocery store that are around 280 calories (depending on the style) and they are delicious. I keep Amy's frozen meals (the only frozen meals I actually enjoy and they are about 380-480 calories) in the work freezer too for when I don't have a salad or don't bring left overs from home.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    500 is a hefty amount of calories especially if your eating healthy food. It also depends how many carbs you want to have. I stay away from carbs until post workout.

Chicken breast , lean steak mince, turkey steaks, chicken sausages , eggs.

If you have carbs ... Brown rice, quinoa , rice noodles etc
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    My lunches at work are usually under 400 calories. I often get the salad bowls from the grocery store that are around 280 calories (depending on the style) and they are delicious. I keep Amy's frozen meals (the only frozen meals I actually enjoy and they are about 380-480 calories) in the work freezer too for when I don't have a salad or don't bring left overs from home.

Amy's frozen meals are my usual go-to for my lunch during work days. All under 500 calories and they taste awesome!

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    My lunch today...

q7xfpfx5hhzt.jpg
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Amy's frozen meals are my usual go-to for my lunch during work days. All under 500 calories and they taste awesome!

I've only had one that I didn't absolutely love (one of the Indian styles)!!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have burrito bowls all varieties I make are under 500 cals and close to or lower than 400. Tortilla pizzas mine are under 300 cals. Deli sandwiches usually under 300 but, always under 400. Grilled chicken and veggies.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    My lunch today...

q7xfpfx5hhzt.jpg

Sounds delicious.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    My lunch today...

q7xfpfx5hhzt.jpg

Sounds delicious.
    Super easy too...
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, feel free to take a peek. My lunch today is less than 450 calories - 2 medium eggs fried in butter, 3 pieces bacon, 1.5 oz cheese
  • getfitkas
    getfitkas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a mango Chipotle salmon wrap with some cheese and veggies in it. It comes just short of 500 calories but just the wrap is around 300.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I meal-prepped 5 days worth of Mexican Turkey Quinoa Skillet, and it is amazing (and super easy):

1 lb ground turkey
    1 (15 oz can) black beans
    1 cup corn kernels
    1 (15 oz can) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    1 diced jalapeno (optional)
    0.5 cup quinoa, rinsed
    0.5 cup chicken broth
    1.5 tsp cumin
    1 tsp chili powder

brown turkey until fully cooked. Add everything else into the same skillet, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Top with avocado and a splash of lime juice when eating.
    Yum!
    Makes 5 servings and comes in at just under 400 calories per serving (avocado is extra).
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My lunch today...

q7xfpfx5hhzt.jpg

Sounds delicious.
    Super easy too...

I like your style, my lunch is usually the same. Lean meat and leaves what could be easier?

I usually do avocado and tuna mash for breakfast or else I'd definitely be adding this one to the diary.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    my lunch today was a grilled chicken thigh, steamed california blend vegetables (broccoli, cal, carrots), a small bowl of mandarin oranges, and sliced cucumber. 260 calories - so PLENTY of room for something more.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I normally have a Healthy Choice frozen meal (the highest calorie one is 330) or a salad with protein. My lunches are never over 400 calories.
  • ImVeryAngryItsNotButter
    ImVeryAngryItsNotButter Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    just going to spitball a few of my preferred low cal ideas: veggie/chicken stir fry, tilapia veggie tacos, chicken quinoa veggie bowl, sweet potato kale sautee with salmon, chicken, broccoli and rice.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    7k839ojy7xao.jpg
    lwfgbu67ju17.jpg

All of these have 350 calories or less.

From top to bottom -
    Baked chicken tenders with sweet potato and peas.
    Tortilla encrusted tilapia, with corn, black beans, and cauliflower "rice."
    Salmon, with bowtie pasta and broccoli.

Coconut shrimp with mango salsa, angel hair pasta and green beans.
    Mahi Mahi with mango salsa, broccoli and sweet potato.
    Chicken tenders with green beans and baby russet potatoes.

Holy...
    You are my new meal prep idol (and I thought I was doing pretty well)
    do you have recipes for the coconut shrimp or mango salsa?

Also, how do you prepare your baby potatoes?
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was at home so had a fried egg, 2 potato scones, and 4 bacon medallions with some brown sauce. Came in around 430cals x