Look puffy ?

Options
I've recently switched to maintenance (since Monday ) which is 1800 calories ,I know it's only been a week but I have noticed increase energy I can go harder at the gym and my other workouts ,I do free weights 5 times a week and cardio 3 times per week ,my macros are protein :135g carbohydrates :210g and 40g fat ,but my problem is that I look puffy not so much bloated ,I have no idea how to decribe it or why it is happening so any advice would be a great help :)

Replies

• SFCStank
    SFCStank Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What's your water intake like? Could be that with the increase of calories you also increased sodium content and you're just retaining a bit more. This happens to me when I up-cycle calories. I just increase my water intake about 20 oz. (up from my normal 120 oz.) and it usually flushes out in a day or two. Moreover, whenever my wife insists on Chinese food, I blow up like a balloon from all the sodium.
  • Onhowtobelovely
    Onhowtobelovely Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Increasing your carbs can make your body hold on to water as well...I don't know what your carbs were before maintenance but if they increased that could explain some of it.