Disgruntled looking at scsle

Options
Two awesome weeks eating really well, exercising really hard. (InSanity) I have noticed some body changes and i know for a fact i tightened my belt one notch and could maybe do two notches. Slacks are definitely less snug. But the scale didn't move. Ughhh.

Replies

• sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've heard that when you start to work out your muscles hold on to water? Maybe thats it.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing and maybe stay off the scale, it's not helping.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had the same frustrations early on in my weight loss... and its actually happening again right now! The scale is showing weight GAIN even though I feel healthier than ever! I promise you, there is more to weight loss than the number you read between your toes. Things to notice to help you stay positive:

- Are your pants looser? Do you have to get a smaller size?! I went from a size 10 to an 8 with only a 2 lb difference on the scale!
    - Do you have more energy during the day?
    - Are you excited to work out/be active/get out and get going? :smile:
    - Are the people in your life noticing a difference in you? Maybe you are happier? Maybe your face looks "thinner" or "more narrow"?

These are all important and are things we often over look because the number on the scale has become THE MEASURE of health. Is it important? Yes. It is the end-all-be-all? No.

Keep going :smiley: Get after it :kissing_heart:
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Check your weight once a week, and take a picture if you want. Weight is "NOT" an accurate way to measure progress. Do not get discouraged.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Yes pants feel loser. Am only doing scale on Monday mornings. I may change it to every other week