Young, new to fitness, high cholesterol, PCOS

Options
HEY MFP!
I have actually been a member of MFP for a LONG time, but I have fell off the bandwagon. I just got off the phone with my doctor who explained I have very high bad cholesterol levels, increased liver enzymes, and diagnosed with PCOS. I AM 27 YEARS OLD!!!

I am looking for people who are willing to share recipes, motivate, and give advise as needed.
Thanks!

Replies

• mlpike77
    mlpike77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 28 and also recently got diagnosed with really high cholesterol. I can't relate to the other situations but I'd be willing to trade recipes and and help keep each other motivated!
  • nkcll83
    nkcll83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too have high cholesterol and pcos. I'll add you as a friend. We can do this!
  • MissGB11
    MissGB11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) new to this app. I have been struggling with pcos since I hit puberty, I'm 32 this year. However I was only treated seriously by a Dr in the last 12 months. I was 130kg at my heaviest, so depressing. I'm now at 115kg but for some reason I feel a lot smaller... Maybe I'm just more comfortable in myself. For one, I dumped the a**hole I was with hahaha. I'm also looking for buddies - pcos is such a hard thing for people to understand.
    Where are you based? I'm in Australia - a little city called Cairns.
  • Calpheon
    Calpheon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have PCOS as well so I sorta know your struggles. I would love to help keep you motivated so I'm going to send you a friend request. :smile:
  • txukc
    txukc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looking to talk to fellow PCOS people, too! I recently moved home from living abroad and being healthy and am wondering if my terrible new eating habits is what kicked it off. Am hoping that getting back in shape will help. TMI but worth sharing - I started taking ACV and took chaste berry for 2 weeks and it kicked off my period after being absent for 5 months. Hopefully it wasn't a one off !