How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
dcraven16
dcraven16 Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I'm about a month in to my journey here, and I'm struggling with trusting my weight loss results. I just bought a new scale, so rather than running downstairs to use my roommates, it's so easy to weigh myself every day. From 4/6 to 4/9, I lost 0 pounds (which is fine, that didn't worry me); the next day I was down .9 lbs, and then the next day it was down another 2.4 - and that's after exceeding my calorie limit and having three drinks at a bar!

Does anybody else weigh themselves every day? What kind of numbers do you see?

Also, sidenote, feel free to add me! I could use more people keeping me accountable in a positive way. :)

Replies

• Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record once a week. I tried weighing myself just once a week, but I ended up gaining weight, without the daily accountability of the scale. That said, you will fluctuate a bit, over a week, so if you go the day route, don't take the numbers too literally.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every day or every other day. I never ever ever weigh myself on the weekend though as I tend to eat out and more which I know leads to temporary weight gain fluctuations lol Usually after a weekend, my weight will fluctuate and go up as much as 2-3 lbs. Usually by Monday though its back to normal. I usually see my weight loss results around Tuesday/Wednesday, so I know not to expect changes on most other days. :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Every day because a graph with more data points is a sexy graph.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use Trendweight to smooth out fluctuations.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on Saturday mornings. As a women, your weight can fluctuate drastically throughout the week! I used to weigh every day, but I went crazy because I would gain before I would lose. It got to be all I would think about and would be pretty discouraging. But stick to whatever works for you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it into my Happy Scale app. I only count Friday's weight as my "official" weight. I've learned a lot doing this. I know spaghetti is going to put me up two pounds the next day - every time! I gain four pounds before TOM, and it goes away about four days after. Without the daily feedback, if one of those higher weight days landed on my weigh-in day, I would have probably freaked out and thought I was actually gaining.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Every day. Log once a month.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Once a week and log once a week.
  • emmincontrol
    emmincontrol Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Every day because a graph with more data points is a sexy graph.

Lol same. I just don't take every fluctuation too seriously, and I keep a log of the different factors that may have caused them.
  • wuwu90
    wuwu90 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Weekly
  • can1975
    can1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend you to scale at least every three week or month and focusing your waist
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 weeks
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    So I'm about a month in to my journey here, and I'm struggling with trusting my weight loss results. I just bought a new scale, so rather than running downstairs to use my roommates, it's so easy to weigh myself every day. From 4/6 to 4/9, I lost 0 pounds (which is fine, that didn't worry me); the next day I was down .9 lbs, and then the next day it was down another 2.4 - and that's after exceeding my calorie limit and having three drinks at a bar!

Does anybody else weigh themselves every day? What kind of numbers do you see?

Also, sidenote, feel free to add me! I could use more people keeping me accountable in a positive way. :)

I'm in maintenance mode now, and I weigh every day. It has taken me a few months but now I see patterns in my weight fluctuations. For instance I know I will retain water for like 2 days if I pig out on popcorn at work, we have a movie theater style popper here and someone always makes a huge batch on fridays. If you can wrap your mind around the idea of weight fluctuating up and down and use an app like Libra to show you an average, the data can be pretty helpful. If the up's and downs bother you consider just weighing 2x a week.
  • jhayden74942
    jhayden74942 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day but report once a week on Monday. If I cheat, and I do at times it will usually happen on the weekend, because hey it's the weekend.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Right now, I weigh myself daily... but will probably doing it weekly once I lose the water in my system.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I've weighed in daily for a long time but only recently started recording it daily. I want to track my trends on the app a little more closely. That being said, I know that it's going to go up and down from day to day depending on many factors, including how much salt I'm eating.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself usually twice a week. Sundays and Wednesdays (untracked, sort of like a 'progress report'), I'm switching to Saturday mornings because I tend to get more exercise in on those days so it tends to go up by Sunday. I've thought about weighing every day and charting it just out of geekly interest in seeing how it charts.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I weigh every six weeks or so, when I visit the doctor. I am going next Monday, and the last time I was there was, I think around the beginning of March. I dont own a scale, and wont. I dont think I could emotionally or psychologically handle the daily weight fluctuations!!
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I used to only weigh myself every week or every two weeks, but after reading a thread about daily weighing, I bought myself a set of scales and downloaded Libra to track everything.

I've only been doing that for less than a week, but already it's nice not having to feel tense about "weighing in day".
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, just before hopping into the shower. However, I only record it once per week. I gain and lose during the week, but if you look at the weekly results, I have an overall downward trend.