Healthy Weight Milestone !! Weight Gain

Options
carcarxx94
carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
Having used MFP since beginning my recovery from severe anorexi nervosa, I still regard it a friend though I try not to count so much anymore of my calories or macronutrients but I mostly do...
For me it has helped me learn about nutrition slowly over the last 2.5 years.
I began at a BMI of 10.5, 2.5 years later of many struggles and pain but today I was regarded as a healthy weight for the first time in 3 year with a BMI of 18.5 ! That is around 52 pounds or around 24kg that i gained. Double the weight that I was !!
I realise this is different to many success story and I am not known in the forums much as I am more of a reader than contribute - but have always felt such closeness to mfp as it literally helped save my life .
Hope everyone is having a strong day in your journeys today -
And if not , never be too hard on yourself.
And never ever give up hope.
Good luck and sending strength , happiness and love to all X

Replies

• queenking11
    queenking11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is amazing..good for you, you should be so proud
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success on your journey to a healthier you!
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You are certainly a success in my mind.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success! Way to go!
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a success story! Great work getting to a healthy weight. Recovery from an eating disorder is a hard, painful journey. You must be a very strong person indeed. Best of luck in your continued success!

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful. From either end, getting to to a healthy weight is a challenge. Congrats on your success!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Good for the new healthy you. Success for sure, nice job.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This really moved me. We are all dealing with our own challenges and it's important to celebrate and take inspiration from the strength and success of others. Thank you for sharing and for your positive message. Most of all, bravo you!!! :)
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    carcarxx94 wrote: »
    Having used MFP since beginning my recovery from severe anorexi nervosa, I still regard it a friend though I try not to count so much anymore of my calories or macronutrients but I mostly do...
    For me it has helped me learn about nutrition slowly over the last 2.5 years.
    I began at a BMI of 10.5, 2.5 years later of many struggles and pain but today I was regarded as a healthy weight for the first time in 3 year with a BMI of 18.5 ! That is around 52 pounds or around 24kg that i gained. Double the weight that I was !!
    I realise this is different to many success story and I am not known in the forums much as I am more of a reader than contribute - but have always felt such closeness to mfp as it literally helped save my life .
    Hope everyone is having a strong day in your journeys today -
    And if not , never be too hard on yourself.
    And never ever give up hope.
    Good luck and sending strength , happiness and love to all X

Oh my goodness congrats I'm super happy for you!!! (:
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic success story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- you have worked hard and should be proud of how far you have come. Amazing success- well done :)
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Awesome job becoming a healthier you. We're all trying to be healthier, for most this mean losing weight but the fact the for you it meant gaining weight is no different. Being healthier takes a tremendous amount of effort whichever way you have to go. Congrats to the new you, and thanks for sharing.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Amazing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not enough applause gifs for this.
    slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
    giphy.gif
    large.gif
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! Congrats!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :'(<3:) congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!