Spare time!

Options
What are some things you guys do to keep your motivation up!? I've heard people say to make a journal with bucket list and things or set mini goals and fun things you will get/do once reached. I know staying in tune with mfp is a big help, is there anything extra you do?

Replies

• kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well I add my food here then have a little fitness journal that's actually paper, and in there I add my meals and do weight watchers points and also track my workouts. My wife is doing weight watchers and I am doing that in additions for support :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Motivated for what exactly?

Personally, I enjoy good living...I enjoy eating well...I like being active...I like being physically fit. Most of what I do are basically my hobbies...I love riding, so I cycle a lot...I love going for hikes...so I do that a lot too. I enjoy being in the weight room and pushing and pulling iron so I do that two or three days per week.

As far as weight loss goes, that was nothing I really put a whole lot of focus on. I lost about 40 Lbs a few years ago, but my emphasis and focus was really on my health and wellness and turning around a bunch of bad blood work and whatnot...the weight loss was just a nice bi-product of adopting a healthier lifestyle in general and doing the things that healthy and fit people do.

Beyond that, motivation is a fleeting emotion. We all do things every single day for which we aren't necessarily motivated. Ultimately motivation will only get you so far...like I said, it's a fleeting emotion. Ultimately, discipline is what is needed...discipline leads to consistency and consistency leads to habits. At this point, I do what I do because that's what I do and that's how I lead my life...it has little if anything to do with being motivated or not.