Stomach looking like lost weight but scales the same

Options
Hi everybody I have been eating really healthy and having w few treats at weekends but I've took pictures of my stomach and there's a difference but my weight is still the same?

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements? You could be losing in inches. But what do you mean healthy? Are you counting calories? You're not going to lose if you're not on a deficient
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight?
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Non-Scale Victories (NSV) are awesome :) Many people take measurements as additional motivation for just these situations. Progress is still happening! Keep it up!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Try not to obsess over the scale and numbers. It really is how you feel. I rarely weigh myself. I go by the mirror and how my clothes fit.
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    laurenatkinsonx943 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've not took measurements just pictures , a low calorie diet like I use this app to count everything I eat and I've not went over it and haven't went over sugar or fat etc so should be losing weight , I've been trying to lose weight for two months( that I've stuck to properly)
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    Options
    I know I just feel like I'm working really hard and not seeing the numbers go down so makes me feel like I'm wasting time
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you on? Could you be under estimating how much you're eating? Do you weigh food? Measure it out? Working out at all?
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's so funny...I was of the belief that eating less was best. I went nowhere on the scales. I kept losing and gaining the same 5 or so pounds. Now, I can barely eat all of the food that i am suppose to be eating, according to my new trainer and I am losing weight. I don't weigh myself often but my clothes seem looser by the day. (my jeans, cuz I always wear jeans). I am a firm believer of eating more, not less BUT, of the right foods. Low calorie, high nutritionally dense foods. That's the key. I must state though that I work out pretty hard 5 days a week now (as of last Monday) with weights and some cardio.
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    Options
    I am on 1,150 calories a day and I do weigh everything properly, I haven't been to the gym in two weeks but I normally attend the gym about 3 times a week
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Making your food diary public would allow us to give better advice. Barring that, please refer to the amazing chart below made by @lemonlionheart

tj4qv806r225.jpg
  • ElviraMarieCerri
    ElviraMarieCerri Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What does your belt say? Belts don't lie. In the time I have been doing this, Ive had 4 new notches in my belt. Notch maker says next time, buy a new belt!
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    Options
    g887oqgbidgt.jpeg
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    Options
    It looks like I've lost weight in that picture but still the same weight on my scales that's putting me down
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself for awhile. Obviously you are making progress, but that number on the scale is getting in your head. How do you FEEL?
  • laurenatkinsonx943
    Options
    I do feel like I'm slowly but surely getting there I was a size 12 now a size 10 but that flabby belly and legs are still there
  • sprc1616
    sprc1616 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that menstrual related bloat and water retention can cause your size and weight to fluctuate. Also, you can't target fat loss- your body will get rid of it where it wants, when it wants. In order to make sure I'm tracking my weight loss/measurements correctly, I do weight 1x a week on the same day and time, and measurements 1x month on the same day so I know I'm not getting any weird period bloat.