What's in Your Meal Plan for This Week

Options
lexykassan
lexykassan Posts: 19 Member
Some people are very ad hoc about meals, others plan well in advance. If you're more of the latter, I'd like to hear what's on your meal plan for the coming week. Please share ideas, links, etc. and let's find some yummy recipes to try!

Replies

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are all an apple and a yogurt. Lunch will be salad with ham/egg/cheese, depending on the day. Dinners: vegetable soup with sausages, roasted veg with dip and chicken, fried mushrooms with fried sausages, broccoli with dip.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I plan dinners. My meal plan for the month and recipes are on my blog. https://lounmoun.wordpress.com/

This week starting today:
    Buffalo chicken stuffed bread
    Mini calzones, salad
    Potato soup, bread
    Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, roasted potao slices
    Fish, hasselback potatoes, corn
    Chicken and biscuit casserole
    Ravioli, zucchini
    Big salad
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - yogurt and granola bars, bagel with strawberry cream cheese
    Lunch - Pork chop with carrots, lean cuisines
    Dinner - Turkey chili, baked chicken with mashed potatoes and corn, turkey pepperoni pizza
    Dessert - weight watcher ice cream bars
  • ttcwas
    ttcwas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I plan out my days the night before and if I know I am going out to dinner with friends/family I look at the restaurant menu days in advance pick best choice and put it in myfitnesspal days in advance so I can plan the rest of that day with ease Planning def. makes the difference I can not do it ad hoc I usually go over calories and fat if do that so I am def. a planner
  • lexykassan
    Options
    I've been using Plantoeat.com for a while now and find it really helpful to sort out when I will make food and when I will eat the leftovers (as there are almost always leftovers). Plus it allows me to prep my grocery list from what I've planned. Anyway, here's what's on the menu this week for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are usually a grab as you go but sometimes involve leftovers from dinners.

Monday - Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Charred Asparagus and Snap Peas + Brown Rice (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-shrimp-skewers-charred-asparagus-snap-peas)
    Tuesday - Garlic Seasoned Baked Pork Chops + Potato Packets (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/232723/garlic-seasoned-baked-pork-chops/)
    Wednesday - likely dinner out with clients
    Thursday - Cauliflower Mac & Cheese + maybe some extra veggies (http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/cauliflower-mac-n-cheese/)
    Friday - Packaged stuffed chicken breasts + broccoli + brown rice
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's my meal plan for the next two weeks, accompanied with weight training and cardio.

Meal 1 - This recipe is to be divided into 3 servings on plan

4 full eggs

8 egg whites

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

1/2 cup shredded cheese (of your choice)

1/2 medium onion, diced

1 cup kale, chopped

1 medium tomato chopped

1/4 cup fresh basil chopped

1 clove of garlic, minced

1/4 tsp salt

pepper to taste

With a serving of fruit. 1 cup pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, apple, or orange AND 1/4 of avocado.

Meal 2 - protein smoothie: 2 scoops whey protein with almond milk, ice, and 1 cup fruit, 1 cup spinach. 20 almonds or cashews.

Meal 3 - This recipe is to be divided into 4 servings on plan

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

3 medium sized zucchini (spiralized)

3 large carrots (spiralized)

3 medium sized yellow zuchini squash (spiralized)

10 chicken sausages

1 jar low sugar, low sodium pasta sauce

Have with two rice cakes

Meal 4
    - 6 hard boiled eggs sliced in half (yolks discarded) – fill each half with 2tbs of hummus total and have ½ cup of baby carrots, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana

Meal 5 - 6 oz lean protein, 1-2 cup veggies, and 1 serving of coconut brown rice - 2 nights a week I have salmon or lean red meat for protein source.
  • lucyb431
    lucyb431 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just trying to start meal planning again, some fab ideas on here.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    Our is pretty simple:

Breakfast:
    Protein pancakes with Berry "syrup"
    2 eggs

Snack:
    1c. Grapes
    3 slices of medium cheddar Cheese

Lunch:
    Lemon pepper salmon
    1c. broccoli

Snack:
    Cashews
    2 boiled eggs

Dinner:
    Crockpot chicken (m,t,w)
    Southwest chicken (w,th,f)

Saturday is whatever we have for leftovers, and Sunday is our "cheat day"
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This week I roasted a chicken (good for several meals), made black bean soup and sauteed swiss chard and baked acorn squash. Breakfast is usually oatmeal, lunch is 1/2 sandwich (either pbj or chicken) and piece of fruit or soup. Tomorrow I'm making red lentil soup. I'm single, so this is enough for several days. Snacks are either apple with peanut butter or I may make some hummus.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am always on the run and I'm very basic with my foods. Breakfast is always eggs or plain yogurt/mixed nuts always with 5 oz of fruit. Lunch will often be homemade meatballs (ground chicken or venison) along with organic baby carrots and 5 oz of fruit or Ill grab lean deli meat for the protein portion. Dinner can vary depending whether ive been home the last couple nights. I make a lot of chili or Hamburger soup and freeze it, so that's easy to grab and thaw, or 'Pure organic Vega Greens protein bar' with veggies and fruit on the side.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My lunches are fairly static, I change the sauces (usually Sweet Sriracha Honey BBQ), and flavoring of veggies (as well as the veggies) usually.
    4oz chicken thigh (boneless/skinless) with either a roasted poblano pepper, or green chili thai curry sauce
    1/2 serving corn with garlic powder
    1/2 serving peas with white pepper
    1 serving cauliflower with 21 seasoning salute
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i9elbrxdjudh.png

This is my excel spreadsheet for the week. Goal is net 1510 calories and I usually add ~200 calories through exercise most days, hence why some days are over 1510 and some are right at it.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch is the same smoothie, breakfast bowl, fruit, cottage cheese, salads, soups ect.
    Dinners change and this week will be:
    Filet mignon, peppercorn sauce, salad, and homemade french fries.
    Grilled skirt steak salad with a chipotle vinaigrette, avocado, pico, beans, sour cream, and tortilla strips.
    Zuppa Tuscana with bruschetta and salad.
    Fajitas
    Pulled BBQ chicken with baked beans, corn, and mashed potatoes.
    lettuce wraps with a sweet chili sauce and fried rice.
    Ravioli pesto alfreado with salad. Everything made from scratch including pasta.
  • ashayoc
    ashayoc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast alternate between that and vegtable omelette through the week weekends I make pancakes healthy version ofcourse with whole wheat flour and I add banana

Lunch is a salad or vegtable pita sandwich I switch it up

Snacks are either fruits or yogurt in the morning nuts or veg in the afternoon

Dinner is a lean meat with veg
    Tomorrow for dinner I am marinating boneless chicken in a special sauce I made and I'll have asparagus on the side
    That's usually the gist of it

As long as the meals are between 400-450 cals and snacks 100-150 I'm fine my chest days are Saturday's but I'm so use to eating healthy cheat day is usually a vegtable pizza from my favorite restaurant
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I make egg muffins and have 2 links of Fully Cooked Sausage with it. I make enough for 5 days. Breakfasts are done.

Snacks can be anywhere from apples, other fruit thats on sale, popcorn, high fiber granola bars, string cheese, etc.

This week I made Carnitas in the crock pot and made rice bowls and salads with it.

Dinner is usually a protien (chicken, fish, pork chop) and a roasted veggie.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My plan for the week will be

Breakfast - Overnight oats with mixed berries or 50g smoked salmon and cream cheese on 1 slice of wholemeal bread

Snacks - hummous & carrot/celery sticks or fruit

Lunch - Mixed salad leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, feta cheese and beetroot

Dinners for the week will be- Beef & Barley stew, Chicken thigh with potatoes and veg, Chicken Stir fry w/noodles and Baked Fish with veg and potatoes
  • stephanieloftinberryman
    Options
    During the week breakfast is usually oatmeal or scrambled egg with toast. Most mornings we drink a green smoothie with breakfast. Weekend breakfasts we usually make whole wheat blueberry pancakes or veggie omelets. Sometimes we throw in some bacon or sausage but it's not typical.

Lunch is almost always leftovers but I keep avocado and hardboiled egg on hand in a pinch. I also like to keep some home-made convenience foods in the freezer, like bean burritos or lentil meatloaf cups (that's what I have in there currently).

Dinner is planned out:
    Lentil and Spinach Coconut Curry with rice
    Chili with fritos and cheese
    Shrimp Gumbo with brown rice
    Carrot, Cabbage, and Chicken Stirfry with brown rice
    Veggie kabobs with meatballs and brown rice
    Fish Tacos with cabbage slaw
    Black beans and millet bake with sweet potato
    German potato salad, sweet/sour red cabbage, and pork chop
    Frozen Pizza
    Veggie burgers with sweet potato fries
    Spaghetti with turkey meatsauce and vegetables

We don't normally have so many meals planned out at once but I was organizing my freezer/pantry and decided to use up some stuff we had on hand.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Spanikopita for breakfast - Monday to Friday.
    Eggs, greek yogurt and cappuccinno for lunch - Monday to Friday.
    Whatever my husband cooks for supper (protein and veggies, normally) for sup with enough carbs to max out my calories load - Sunday to Thursday.
    Weekends are more flexible.
    Exercise - walking 75 minutes per day, minimum.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tommorrow im making me a half potato half zucchini hashbrown with a quesadilla and spaghetti and meat balls with wheat pasta for dinner

The next day im making a whole wheat pizza my first time hopefully ig turns out good im not sure what im making for breakfast

And the next next day imma cook me probably some chicken strips on a salad or something lol idk
  • lexykassan
    Options
    So many delicious ideas! Please share recipes for the ones that turn out well!