Options
2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ckeymom wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    How many grams a day are you shooting for ?

My doctor said to get more than 100 grams a day.

not too high then, your diary isn't open so not sure what you do eat. Lean meats, poultry and fish would cover 100g I would have thought.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options

not too high then, your diary isn't open so not sure what you do eat. Lean meats, poultry and fish would cover 100g I would have thought.

I guess I'm just going to have to make myself eat more meat.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options

4 ounces of fat free skinless chicken has about 25-30 grams of protein and is only between 100-120 calories (depending on brand)
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

I've been using nitrate/nitrite free pepperoni, bacon and hot dogs as additions to my diet lately. Between that and lentils or beans, they really add a lot of protein and mix really well with the load of veggies I like to eat daily! I'm enjoying that type of meat lately.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I've lost 36 pounds by eating clean, staying away from as much processed crap as I can, and keeping protein high and carbs low. In order to get more protein, I've been using a casein protein powder. I've recently found out that I have a dairy allergy, so I changed to pea powder. I hate it! Any suggestions for a good dairy free protein powder?

I've always liked Hemp protein, not very high in it compared to whey, etc, but it has good fiber and many vitamins and essential nutrients.

Is it chalky?

Hemp protein can be texture-y, but raw hemp seeds in pouches will totally blend and be creamy.