splitting exercise duration?

I wondered if anyone here can help.
Say i like to exercise an hour per day. Would it be as effective to split that hour in two and do 30 minutes in the morning & 30 minutes in the afternoon as just doing an hour straight?
Grateful for any advice, please. Thanks.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    It depends what your goal is. If you are trying to increase endurance, longer sessions may be better. For fat loss, shorter sessions are equal or better, depending on which study you look at. :+1:
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks for the reply Cherimoose. I guess it's a bit of both...although probably more about endurance and being physically fit and healthy, but a reasonable calorie burn at the same time would be a nice bonus. I am trying to rely on a calorie deficit for weight loss, and exercise for fitness, health, & strength.

Might have to stick with an hour at a time then. Drat! ;)

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I find it depends on what kind of time I have on a given day. If I can't fit in an hour I'll break it up. I would agree with @Cherimoose that your goals play a big part in your personal decision.
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks StacyChrz. Yes, aiming for an hour and breaking it up if i don't have time sounds like a sensible aproach.