Need ideas for high fiber foods

Options
My nutritionist recommended a 20% carb, 50% fat, 30% protein goal for me. I've been trying to follow it and have been losing weight...however this is way more meat than I am used to eating and I'm not getting enough fiber without going over my carb limit....what foods are high fiber and not too high carb?

My food diary is public, so any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds, try almonds and flax seeds.

Should fit your macro spread and fiber needs.

Use carbs for dark green veg where possible aswell.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Avocado. 100g serving has 8.5g carbs, 6.7g of that is fiber. Plus lots of fat and a bit of protein. I'm not familiar with eating your type of diet, OP, but it seems like avocado would easily fit in your day.
  • jcota315
    jcota315 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dark greens, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, seeds and nuts would be your biggest helpers.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I average 30 - 40+ grams of fiber a day. I enjoy all sorts of veggies both raw and cooked : mushrooms, onions, spinach, broccoli, napa cabbage, kale, bok choy, celery, tomatoes, and peppers are all things that I enjoy both raw and cooked.

A typical day for me might include a one-egg omelet (no cheese) with 100 grams each of sauteed mushrooms, onions, and a leafy green (spinach and kale are breakfast favorites); and a lunch salad made with 100 g napa cabbage, 100 g shredded broccoli, 100 g of raw chopped bok choy, and 50 g each of cherry tomatoes and sweet mini peppers plus a little protein like a hard boiled egg, or chicken or tofu strips.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary i feel you need a lot more vegetables. Make sure your get a good colour range for variety ie red, green, purple etc for micronutrients. Maybe add some berries as well.
    Doesnt have to every meal-just mix iy up.
  • gptaclue82
    gptaclue82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll try focusing more on the things you mentioned and see if that helps.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Have beans once a day and you're pretty much set.
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    rdi8xz4zd2bn.png

31 cals for 4.2 g fiber isn't bad is it!

I have them with scrambley egg or cottage cheese in top :)
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Avocado, black beans (any beans really), oranges, raspberries, blackberries, most cruciferous veggies, high fiber English muffins (8g each), Mission Carb Select wraps (15g each), popcorn, chia and flax seed, oatmeal. So many delicious ways to get fiber.

I average 50g a day. Today will be 60g +
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Have beans once a day and you're pretty much set.

...can be in the form of humus, felavels (the round ball things that are middle eastern and much better when home made thou).
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot sweet potatoes
  • bekgirl5
    bekgirl5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try Explore Asia black bean pasta. It's my pasta substitute while I'm on keto/LCHF. It tastes amazing, and it has a TON of fiber - something like 44 grams in a serving! You can buy it at most major grocery stores. It's also on Amazon, too. Really great stuff!