PB2

Options
I just got a 2 pack (regular and chocolate) of PB2 and was looking for some ways to incorporate it into my diet. I LOVE peanut butter so I'm excited to try this as a lower calorie alternative. I'm going to add it to my banana cream protein shakes and I was thinking about mixing it up and trying with apple slices. Any other ideas?

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It's great on toast or crackers. Tastes a little sweet, though.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love it stirred into oatmeal and vanilla Greek yogurt. It's good on apple slices too.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I love it stirred into oatmeal and vanilla Greek yogurt. It's good on apple slices too.

Yes, I had heard about greek yogurt. I need to remember to try that.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I like to use it to make peanut dressing or peanut sauce.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Throw it on oatmeal old fashion whole wheat omg
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Stir it into cream of wheat, or use it in my smoothies. It's great, and helps me stay in my macros while still getting to enjoy peanut butter!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I used to mix 1 tablespoon pb2 and 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder into a paste and eat that with apples. Adding it to shakes/etc. can be good.

Personally though i cant just eat it in place of regular peanut butter.
  • Tallrandal
    Tallrandal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2. I usually put it in shakes and plain Greek yogurt (I know it sounds gross, but its not), but have been researching other ideas. Here is a site I found that has a lot of good ideas. http://www.muscleforlife.com/healthy-pb2-recipes/.
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to use it a lot ! Stirred into greek yoghurt or quark. As a dip for fruit. To make a peanut sauce for sweet potatoes or in stir fry. Use in oat bars for added protein and a peanut flavour to make protein oat bars . Use a little less water and add unsweetened cocoa powder and a tsp of vanilla extract - place in refrigerator to thicken , take out and roll the dough like mixture into balls, roll in cocoa powder and you have low calorie protein chocolate truffles ! Can also coat in dark chocolate :) use in place of peanut butter to make homemade peanut butter cups. Add to shakes or oatmeal. Stir in a chia seed pudding. Use as a frosting for baked goods. Add milk instead of water for a creamier consistency for dips ! Add vanilla extract or orange / mint extract etc and unsweetened cocoa powder and mix into a chocolate spread to spread on anything instead of real chocolate spread ! Use for a peanut sauce for chicken with peanut stir fry and rice . Make cakes or muffins with some of the flour substituted for the pb2 ( or use oat flour and pb2 combination) . Make pancakes using banana, eggs and pb2 and use pb2 for a drizzle too ! Hope this inspires a little :)
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Thanks!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been making something like this lately, it's really tasty!

https://dashingdish.com/recipe/1-minute-cookie-dough-greek-yogurt/
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just got a 2 pack (regular and chocolate) of PB2 and was looking for some ways to incorporate it into my diet. I LOVE peanut butter so I'm excited to try this as a lower calorie alternative. I'm going to add it to my banana cream protein shakes and I was thinking about mixing it up and trying with apple slices. Any other ideas?

I love the chocolate spread on a low Carb tortilla rolled up with a banana on the inside :)
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and don't mix to much ahead of time. I do meal prep on Sundays and I used those little sauce containers to mix one for each day and after 3-4 days they got mold in them :S
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I liked it, it was not as good as peanut butter, I like it though because of the macros.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    carcarxx94 wrote: »
    Use a little less water and add unsweetened cocoa powder and a tsp of vanilla extract - place in refrigerator to thicken , take out and roll the dough like mixture into balls, roll in cocoa powder and you have low calorie protein chocolate truffles ! Can also coat in dark chocolate :)

Yum! This sounds great! Thank you for sharing.

• wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I melt coconut oil and stir in regular PB2, then put in a mini muffin cup and set in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. Mix up chocolate PB2 with melted coconut oil and put on top of the other, let set up in the fridge. It's an alternative to a regular PB cup, pretty dang good for a treat too.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    wink77 wrote: »
    I melt coconut oil and stir in regular PB2, then put in a mini muffin cup and set in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. Mix up chocolate PB2 with melted coconut oil and put on top of the other, let set up in the fridge. It's an alternative to a regular PB cup, pretty dang good for a treat too.

But the whole point of PB2 is that it's partially de-fatted, and thus lower calorie. If you're just going to add fat back in, why not just eat regular peanut butter? It's a lot cheaper.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It's not bad in oatmeal or smoothies, but not great either. It's like a hint of peanut butter that doesn't quite taste like peanut butter.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I love Pb2 mixed in plain oatmeal. I make it everyday when I'm at work since it's quick and easy to prepare.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Powdered PB in Greek yogurt...my love. Or ice cream.