Protein shakes brands and flavors?

Options
Does anyone drink preworkout shakes, meal replacement shakes, and/or post workout shakes? Thoughts on them? Brands? Flavors? Best places to buy them?

Thanks!

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Protien shakes. Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry. They have 30g protein for 160 calories. I buy then at Sam's Club. 12 for $16 something.
  • aalixandruh
    aalixandruh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into those. Thank you!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Those are my favorite too. Costco has them in 18 packs for $24.99. BJs has the chocolate and a $3.50 coupon for them right now.
  • aalixandruh
    Options
    I read online that one of the dangers of protein is high levels of arsonic and metals. That makes me kind of worried about protein powders now.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Myprotein do all sorts of flavours for a good price
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I love Muscletech Cookies and Cream. Not too sweet. When mixed with almond milk and super cold, it tastes like an oreo blizzard that has melted.
  • esn222
    esn222 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried the shakeology shakes (cafe latte, chocolate and vanilla). They're expensive (and seem gimmicky) so I didn't want to like them. I like them a lot though (except for vanilla). They're actually quite satisfying and tasty.
  • aalixandruh
    Options
    Thank you! I tried some of my boyfriends protein shake. It is Syntha-6 cookies and cream flavor and I didn't care for it too much. Lol. The consistency was weird but the flavor wasn't bad! I'm a baby though and could t stomach it.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Matrix in peanut butter cookie and mint cookie. They are too sweet for me as is but I cut the sweet with peanut butter powder and cocoa powder.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like the Vega One plant based protein line. Kind of spendy, but the mocha shake made with a frozen banana, pumpkin purée & roasted beet as well as some Greek yogurt, a tbs of nut butter & some freshly brewed coffee is DELICIOUS.
  • aalixandruh
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I like the Vega One plant based protein line. Kind of spendy, but the mocha shake made with a frozen banana, pumpkin purée & roasted beet as well as some Greek yogurt, a tbs of nut butter & some freshly brewed coffee is DELICIOUS.

That sounds really good! I also looked into plant based proteins. I think hemp was the one that seemed the healthiest. Don't quote me on that one though. Lol
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Does anyone drink preworkout shakes, meal replacement shakes, and/or post workout shakes? Thoughts on them? Brands? Flavors? Best places to buy them?

Thanks!

I drink 1-2 premeir proteins from sams on my way into work depending on my workout, and I drink 1 New Whey on the way home from work (Watermelon)
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just bought FitMiss from Amazon. I will post an update after I try it tomorrow.
  • thedoc617
    thedoc617 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's chocolate whey isolate is the BEST I've tried. I also do the vanilla sometimes and add fruit, but the vanilla one tastes a bit too artificial.
  • aalixandruh
    Options
    I just bought FitMiss from Amazon. I will post an update after I try it tomorrow.

Thank you all! Jandsstevenson887, I'll be looking forward to an update. Thanks!
  • RawFoodLife
    RawFoodLife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Extreme Milk Chocolate or Mocha Cappuccino.
  • boots4409
    boots4409 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Gold standard whey protein. Their cookies and cream is pretty good but my favorite is the strawberry banana. You can get it online cheapest probably. But comes in a big tub and lasts a while! Good investment.
  • malek988
    malek988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Sci MX diet pro meal. its 26g in 192 calories. Has cla green tea and a few other helpful things in. I have the vanilla tasted amazing, strawberry was good, wasn't fussed on the chocolate
  • cntails
    cntails Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink Ideal lean for women I like the fact that it doesn't have sugar or carbs 80 calories and 20g of protein
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready to Drink Shakes. I prefer the strawberry cream or rich dark chocolate flavors. About 100 calories, 2 net carbs, and 17g of protein.