knee

Options
Hello,

I love to run, i try to run/walk 3-4 days out of the week for an hour on the treadmill, but lately i can't even run for three minutes before my right knee starts hurting really bad to the point that i have to stop.What should i do?
thanks

Replies

• Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I love to run, i try to run/walk 3-4 days out of the week for an hour on the treadmill, but lately i can't even run for three minutes before my right knee starts hurting really bad to the point that i have to stop.What should i do?
    thanks
  • curls2009
    Options
    It depends on where your pain is. I had the same problem when I started running. My pain was just below my knee cap. They have bands that keep the patella in place while you streghthen the rest of the muscle in your legs. I wore it for a few months and now no pain. But if you have been running for a while, it may not help you. Go see your doc and listen to what he/she perscribes. I tore my hamstring while training for a marathon several years back, didn't listen to the doc. Still have pain.

Good luck.
  • swells27
    Options
    I have just recently been having problems with my knee when I start running, the pain is on the outside of my right knee. Where is your pain??

I've done a lot of research on my symptoms and I think I may have ITBS (iliotibial band syndrom), which can come from increase in high impact activities (such as running), lack of stretching etc.
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm king of knee problems, and it sucks.

May I suggest checking in with your doctor? I was stunned about what they found...and their recommendation to me to help me avoid long term probs.

In the meantime...look to bicycling indoors/outdoors, and swimming, to ease stressing the knees while still getting your workout in. Just temporarily :smile: