Slimming World Buddy

Options
Hi guys

Just wondering if there are any slimming world people out there who would like to be my buddy?
I started 2 months ago and 1 stone down, 3 and a half to go!!
Hopefully hear from someone

Replies

• JulieSlack
    JulieSlack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do slimming world I've lost 23.5 lbs in 11 weeks and have a long way to go but really enjoying it. Feel free to add me
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i also do slimming world ive lost 3 stone with it so far and another 1 stone by myself before sw
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do Slimming World! I've lost 36lbs and I've got another 36 to go so I'm right in the middle of my journey :)
  • jackieshll
    jackieshll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do Slimming World I have lost 7 stones 1 lb it's taken 3 years , been off track for a few months as hubby has been very poorly but back on track now . I have kept going to class . I've gone from a size 30/32 to a size 16 x
  • jackieshll
    jackieshll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ag2emsm2cvtf.jpeg
    Forgot to add my photo x
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    You've done great Jackie well done
  • anaesgar
    anaesgar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am thinking to join slimming world. Anyone can explain me how it works? I need to loose 10 kg!
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    There are "free" foods like fruit and veg, pasta, rice, meats as long as all visible fat is removed, and you can eat as much of these as you want. Some foods are syns like sweets and choc, some sausages, most takeaway food, pastries and cakes there are loads more but you get a book to explain it all when you join and I use the SW website a lot for info. The syns all have a value you are told to aim for 5-15 syns a day but you don't have to have them you can save them up if you know you are going out for a meal or something so you can eat what you like. They recommend that a third of your plate is "speed" food and that this is what helps you lose weight faster speed foods are some fruit and veg but not all - peppers, onions, carrots, butternut squash, broccoli are all speed foods potatoes aren't. With fruit raspberries, strawberries, black currants, blackberries, melon are speed but bananas and pineapple aren't. Then you've got healthy extras like dairy and cereals which you measure and you get a daily allowance of them. I hope I haven't made it sound really complicated especially as they call the plan extra easy! If you get a good consultant, unfortunately (some are better than others) you are onto a winner, some groups have Facebook groups for support and recipe ideas, staying to group after weigh in is good because you can get great ideas from other members and they don't shame you if you've had a gain either everything is explained when you join and you get a book to explain it all too and it's got recipe ideas. I think it's great and if money is tight you might be able to get a referral from your doctor for free membership and 12 weeks free to get you started (UK) . Hope this helps!
  • stacky89
    stacky89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing slimming world too, feel free to add me :)
  • Janlpike
    Janlpike Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm so sorry I've had a funny two weeks and been a bit off track but had weighin today so on it like sonic as my consultant likes to say!!
  • VictoriaWard1988
    VictoriaWard1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any Slimming World members feel free to add me too! X