L theanine for anxiety

Options
NA1979
NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone, I am an anxiety sufferer, and have heard L theanine is helpful, does anyone have any experience of using this, apparently Combined with caffeine it can help concentration and focus for workouts, work and daily life.Any personal experience?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I would not suggest caffeine for anxiety issues. It helps a little but won't help a pretty severe sense of anxiety
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Do you take a multivitamin?
    It will contain many nutrients that can help with mild anxiety (in some cases).
    Magnesium, calcium, b vitamins, etc.
    Sometimes a very simple vitamin deficiency can cause a lot of problems.
    And not everyone eats perfectly every day.
    Eat more foods high in b vitamins such as beef, green leafy veggies, beans, oranges, rice, nuts. Eat fish weekly for omega 3's.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past. Never with caffeine though. Doesn't green tea contain both L-theanine and caffeine? To my knowledge, L-theanine is extracted from green tea leaves so perhaps you could just drink green tea?

I used Doctors Best brand. I only took it situationally back when my social anxiety was off the rails and needed something to deal with going out to restaurants, sporting events, parties, etc. I found that it made me feel really blissed out yet highly alert in situations that would otherwise have me on the verge of panic. However, when that magical little amino acid left my body I was once again confronted with the fact I was the same person as before and maybe these types of supplements, that I thought held all the answers to my problems, are only band-aids.

I hope that you can address your anxiety at the root and overcome it. :blush:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Great about 45 mins before bedtime. Boosts your GABA. Vivid dreams.
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am doing other things to overcome it, but trying to use any help that will make my life easier.