Macros...?

Options
this might be a very VERY beginner question but... What exactly are macros? Everyone is always talking about them! Ha. And how do you determine them?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Protein carbs etc, Google.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Protien, fat, and carbs.

I eat one gram of Protien per pound of LBM (lean body mass). So I weigh 214lb at 13% body fat right now, so I eat minimum 187 grams of Protien a day.

I eat .4 grams of fat per pound of body weight so I eat minimum 86 grams of fat.

Carbs are just filler. I don't stress what kinds of food in my intake as long as I eat my minimum amounts. I eat 1500-1600 of just ice cream and pastries daily alone.

When I'm bulking I eat slightly less in protien because it's not as important to build muscle as it is for retaining muscle on a cut. Carbs are definitely higher to give me more energy for my lifts.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Carb, Protein, Fat.
  • aalixandruh
    aalixandruh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Protien, fat, and carbs.

I eat one gram of Protien per pound of LBM (lean body mass). So I weigh 214lb at 13% body fat right now, so I eat minimum 187 grams of Protien a day.

I eat .4 grams of fat per pound of body weight so I eat minimum 86 grams of fat.

Carbs are just filler. I don't stress what kinds of food in my intake as long as I eat my minimum amounts. I eat 1500-1600 of just ice cream and pastries daily alone.

When I'm bulking I eat slightly less in protien because it's not as important to build muscle as it is for retaining muscle on a cut. Carbs are definitely higher to give me more energy for my lifts.

Thank you! That was extremely helpful!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Protien, fat, and carbs.

Thank you! That was extremely helpful!

To add, 1 gram of protein is 4 calories. 1 gram of carbs are 4 calories. 1 gram of fat is 9 calories.