going on vacation and no internet what to do

Options
:smooched: Going on a trip and will have no computer to log into. How to keep track of my food intake, just start this 2 weeks ago and am hooked, feeling a little nervous about not being able to keep track...

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Write everything down. I'm pretty sure you can go back and log days, so you can log everything when you get back. :smile:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone or other Smart Phone? Yep -- there's an app for that! I have it on my iPhone, and it works VERY well!
  • jridgway49
    jridgway49 Posts: 79
    Options
    no i phone or anything like that
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be me soon! I'm gonna try and log in when I can--if I go to a place with internet, but otherwise I'm just gonna write everything down and log it when I get back! I have kind of a good idea now of how much things are. I also might write down standard portion sizes so I know that I don't go over.
  • dlconcidine
    Options
    I would just write it down. You can go back and add it later. Enjoy your vacation! :bigsmile:
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Jot down in a small notebook everything u eat to the best of your ability, it will hopefully help you be more aware and stay in control! But please don't stress and not enjoy the trip! It is VACAY! Have fun =D
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Most hotels will have a public computer you can use.

I went to Disney World last year and stayed at one of their resorts. It was a middle of the road resort for Disney, not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. Imagine my surprise when they had no free wi-fi available. The night before we flew to Florida we had free wi-fi at the cheap hotel we were at. It didn't work very well so I connected to the free wi-fi at the hotel next door. OMG Disney, loosen up the purse strings a little. I'm pretty sure we paid enough for all the things we did there.

Rant done. For now.
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation and make smart choices :) Don't worry too much and get back on track when you get back.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    My phone is a not a smart phone, but I can still log on to myfitnesspal. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but I can still do everything.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i'd say you are going on a holiday..so..ENJOY your holiday!! you will have a pretty good idea in your mind about how to get back on track :-)

Have a great time!
  • jridgway49
    Options
    yes it will be for a week over 4th of July. Celebrating my 50th birthday, I'm just hoping I won't go over my calories and gain the weight I just lost. I guess I'll just have to feel really confident that I know what to eat so I'll won't go over my calorie count. I will write everything down and log in when I returned and hope for the best
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Going on a trip and will have no computer to log into. How to keep track of my food intake, just start this 2 weeks ago and am hooked, feeling a little nervous about not being able to keep track...
    First: enjoy the vacation.

Second: if you are very worried, just write down what you had and when you get home you can input it afterwards
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    U r going on vacation. Enjoy it. Im not saying go super crazy but u have to indulge a little. Thats why its called vacation. I went to Sandals Jamaica in May and no phone or internet. There was free drinks and food and I did drink and ate some foods I know I wouldnt eat normally. I did try to eat as healthy as I could but U HAVE TO ENJOY your vacation. I only gained 1.5 after I got back and I lost it right away. Have a great time and dont stress too much.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    You could always google some of the restraunts in the area and see if they have menus online and see if you can preplan some of the places you will eat and choose some lower calorie options!!! If not its a vacation dont stress to much on it, try to keep at least two of your daily meals lower calorie so you have room for errors!!! Have a great trip!!!!
  • jridgway49
    Options
    Thanks, that's a great idea :smooched: