block party any suggestions on how to stay on track?

Options
I'm going to a block party tomorrow and this is the first big temptation since I started on Mon. Any advice or suggestions on how I can stay on track and not over indulge? Thanx for the help!! Wdayton

Replies

• Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No great advice, but I'll be facing a big BBQ tomorrow and things like that usually have fruits and veggie trays and I was going to try and fill up on those before I hit the potato salad lol! Also, if it's a thing that everybody is bringing food to, you can bring your own healthier dish to share! Good luck!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The only advise that I can give you is to not eat what you don't need to eat. Chose to eat wisely, regardless of what is there. If you know it will all be crap, then eat before you go and carry around a water bottle to keep your hands busy.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    take like tablespoon tastes of the stuff you want to try and take a taste of each thing instead of eating it one thing at a time... it tends to fill your tummy faster when you have lots of different tastes and textures. And take a nibble of food, take a swig of water... fills you up quick!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a graduation party tomorrow also - its gonna be ruff BUT i figure if i have done this good all week - IF (and i probley will) i mess up tomorrow its ok because i will be right back on track sunday! Good luck and here's hoping there are veggie trays for all!
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I suggest after you eat your serving, chew a strong mint gum or eating altoids. Food doesnt taste as good with the mist taste in your mouth.
  • wdayton
    wdayton Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice!!!
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    i was reading a couple days ago in my jillian michaels book, if you are going to a cook out etc to take a fiber pill before you go and it will make you less hungry and then just try and eat fruits and veggis and chicken and stuff. or if you can brush your teeth. Food is less appitizing right after you brush. Good luck and have fun!