Mac and cheese recipe please

Options
Silysausage
Silysausage Posts: 5 Member
Hi all does anyone have a recipe they can post for Mac and cheese - nice simple one as I am not the best cook and if it comes with calorific values per serving that would be even better - thank u so much in advance x

Replies

• AlanainCanada
    AlanainCanada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    look up skinnytaste (dot) com. She has a great one.
  • 8R1C60
    8R1C60 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Recent blog post gave a recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese. I know that sounds grim but I made it for lunch today and it was good stuff - filling, too.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/cauliflower-mac-n-cheese/
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Skinny taste is a good place for tasty low cal recipes
  • scrap
    scrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best I can offer is to add cooked butternut squash to your recipe to reduce the amount of pasta consumed. You'll never know its there.
  • CarmenBrad
    CarmenBrad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    8R1C60 wrote: »
    Recent blog post gave a recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese. I know that sounds grim but I made it for lunch today and it was good stuff - filling, too.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/cauliflower-mac-n-cheese/

Tried this last week. It was awesome.
  • mmonsalve7
    mmonsalve7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made chicken alfredo where the majority of the sauce was made with cauliflower... Was getting ready to try the mac and cheese
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    scrap wrote: »
    The best I can offer is to add cooked butternut squash to your recipe to reduce the amount of pasta consumed. You'll never know its there.

I love that too, you use a bit less cheese but it is much healthier. I often bake them in single serve containers so I only eat one serving and save the others for other meals or freeze them
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite healthy one. I've even brought it for tailgating and the guys loved it.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/macaroni-cheese-6
  • jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's not macaroni and cheese as such, but I made steamed veggies with a creamy cheese sauce for my lunch. Ingredients - 60g broccoli, 70g cauliflower, 30ml cream, 25g parmesan cheese, 25g cheddar cheese = 347 calories. Made the sauce by using the microwave to melt the grated cheeses into the cream. Pour the cheese sauce over the veg and finish off in a conventional oven to brown it up. I am doing low carbs at the moment so pasta is out.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the butternut squash addition. Amazing!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I have some good recipes but they are by no means calorie friendly
  • lauren3967
    lauren3967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The recipes on Hungry Girl are good too. They combine pasta and cauliflower so you get both. Even my kids like them!
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    lauren3967 wrote: »
    The recipes on Hungry Girl are good too. They combine pasta and cauliflower so you get both. Even my kids like them!

I like the recipes that have both. I don't want moc Mac and cheese but feel like added veggies make it healthier.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I make the Good Eats baked Mac n' Cheese. MFP's database has it listed at 360 per half cup and 658 per 208 grams. This recipe is worth every calorie.