Easy/ simple tzatziki recipe???

Options
pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
anyone have any good tzatziki recipes that use FF Greek yogurt and no oil? Also, dried herbs like dill instead of fresh? I want something good but don't really feel like buying all the fresh herbs when I have them dry. I'll sacrifice a little flavor for convenience(: thanks!!

Replies

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1 cup ff greek yogurt + squeeze of lemon juice OR dash of red wine vinegar + 1 tsp crushed garlic + dried dill (optional) + 1/4 cup grated cucumber (grate it then squeeze excess juices out with your hands). Mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Or, you could google it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-tzatziki/

Very tasty! (I used dried herbs).
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    crush garlic into greek yogurt, let sit overnight, then put grated cucumber in it and serve. Doesn't get easier than that.
  • alits
    alits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 yes, @Mapalicious recipe is the best, I have found multiple recipes similar to this.. nothing will beat it hehe happy eating!

• pinggolfer96
    Options
    1 cup ff greek yogurt + squeeze of lemon juice OR dash of red wine vinegar + 1 tsp crushed garlic + dried dill (optional) + 1/4 cup grated cucumber (grate it then squeeze excess juices out with your hands). Mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Or, you could google it.

How much dill?(:
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Watching this close because I have yet to make great Tzatziki. I did watch two videos lately that claim to be authentic. What I learned was one adds just a bit of sugar to balance the tartness. I have not tried that tip yet. The other blended the garlic in the lemon juice or vinegar so the garlic would be evenly distributed in the dip. Haven't heard that one yet either. I plan to try both tips next time I try.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i like to mox half sour cream half greet yogurt... chopped garlic, i like to use dried dill unless i can get the fresh dill chopped super small, s+p, garlic powder, a smidge of onion powder and lemon juice. I feel like the half sour cream half yogurt makes a difference... not the most traditional.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I do about a cup of fat free greek yogurt, a smallish cucumber that I have peeled (because of wax) and sliced lengthwise and scraped seeds out with a spoon then dice, a finely minced clove or two garlic (up to your taste), about 1/2 teaspoon dried dill and a dash salt. It's always better to mix this then let it mingle for hours or until the next day in the fridge.

People always ask me to make this.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    I do about a cup of fat free greek yogurt, a smallish cucumber that I have peeled (because of wax) and sliced lengthwise and scraped seeds out with a spoon then dice, a finely minced clove or two garlic (up to your taste), about 1/2 teaspoon dried dill and a dash salt. It's always better to mix this then let it mingle for hours or until the next day in the fridge.

I made some this morning and put it in the fridge(: just curious though, why does everyone seed the cucumber??lol. I just grated it into the yogurt cause I was lazy
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I made some this morning and put it in the fridge(: just curious though, why does everyone seed the cucumber??lol. I just grated it into the yogurt cause I was lazy

I buy English seedless cucumbers.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

I seed it because there is a lot of water in the seeds and the stuff they sit in. It can make the sauce watery but it will still taste good. I don't seed cucumber for salads, etc. English cucumber is a good option like francl mentioned - those also have no wax.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Watching this close because I have yet to make great Tzatziki. I did watch two videos lately that claim to be authentic. What I learned was one adds just a bit of sugar to balance the tartness. I have not tried that tip yet. The other blended the garlic in the lemon juice or vinegar so the garlic would be evenly distributed in the dip. Haven't heard that one yet either. I plan to try both tips next time I try.

I use a dab of honey ;)

@pinggolfer96 just a few pinches to taste! no need to measure...it has like 1 calorie per 1/4 cup.