Exercise DVD recommendations please!

Options
philippakate197
philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi folks,

I really need your input! I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (had it for about 5 years, never actually done it) but I would like to hear of any others that are either online or on DVD, that I could do in a fairly small TV room. Preferably something that is an all round workout for the whole body. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender on YouTube is really good :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    +1 for fitness blender.

They are good videos, you can go with one of their pre-set routines of make your own work out by picking their warm up/cool down and main work out. You can search on type and duration or work out and Daniel and Kelli are really nice people. Kelli was a regular on the MFP forums a couple of years ago.
  • winsome_losesome
    winsome_losesome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use 10 minute solutions. There is a huge range available. Sell for GBP5 per DVD. Each one is themed and has 5 x 10 minutes workouts on there. Easy to fit in such a short time, and if you want more can mix & match. The DVDs have different themes eg belly blaster, yoga, dance, etc etc so you can get a selection which gives an allround workout. And my space is pretty small too. I do keep a yoga mat hidden downstairs, and some handweights, for when needed for some of them.
  • Afuller71
    Afuller71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just been looking at that slim in 6 and you can pick it up cheaper online at amazon or ebay. Im interested but wonder how often do you have to do the dvd to get results. I too have gillian michaels and not done it. Davina Mccall dvd good. Probably better off getting work outs off you tube and seeing which ones you enjoy and motivate you .
  • Finding__Crystal
    Finding__Crystal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a great start is leslie sansone walk at home it really gets you up and walking right in your house,
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am loving piyo right now. We have a really small living room and dh and I are able to work-out together in that small space. It uses only body weight but kicks butt.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would start with some free on-line stuff. If you have a DVD that you've never done, then you are not really sure (yet) what you like to do.

Jessica Smith TV is great, she has all kinds of workouts. Sample a few and figure out what you like (and what you hate). Liking a video (the trainer, the exercise style, etc) will help you be consistent.

www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv/videos

I like Leslie Sansone too (great for small areas) ......but it's not an all around workout. Leslie Sansone is cardio. I love cardio, but strength training not so much. So I keep my cardio and strength training days separate. This is not necessary, it's just what I like.

www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

When you find some things you like, here are a couple websites that give you tons of information on DVDs

http://www.collagevideo.com/

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/default.asp

• philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I think I'm going to try a range of things on YouTube and see what I like - I never even thought about whether I liked the trainer style! I love the sound of PiYo, (had to google it to find out what it was!) definitely going to give that a try.

I shall report back with my findings! :-)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Do not waste your money: youtube have some excellent exercises that you can do. I wish that I had done it before and save my money on all those DVDs that I now have on the shelves.